Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
oasis - missincere
missincere

Listen I truly believe that you will pass the exam this time.
There are two things that I think will help. I personally know a few people who have failed and like you they are close but not quite there.
Are you in the match for this year??

First: You need to study for more time, 2 months is not enough for you. Sometimes we are in rush to make deadlines for match and other things etc and the quality of the studying is compromised. Take your time and plan your study schedule.

Second: I would find another way to learn the info. You should read Kaplan notes again maybe 2x but I would try to learn the info in another fashion. I made index cards of all the topics and went over the cards as a review especially 2 weeks before the exam.

Third: With UW, which by the way is GREAT, you need to go through the explanations and learn from the wrong anwsers as well as the correct answers. You need to find another question source or sources. Try q book/ q bank/NBME/NMS/Fischer questions. See the point is a question from one source will present a concept different from another source. So the more questions you do the more info you learn. I might even add some of that info to my index cards so when I review I could remember some topics. QUESTIONS ARE KEY DO AS MANY AS YOU CAN FIND. It might cost extra but I think it is worth.

I hope this helps even though I am studying for step 3 I check CK forum so keep in touch.

Good Luck
Klebsiella
Look at the username KLEEBSIELLA not klebisella. Please this is not me klebsiella posting this reply to missincere. It is not me some evil clown thinks it is funny.

Klebsiella from the other forums did not post this for missincere someone is playing around

Sorry
Klebsiella
I took Step 1 on 6th March, got result on 31st March by post, I am in US. If you took exam on 16th March, expect your result sometime around 10th April, if in US or a few days later if elsewhere, due to postal delays. They are nowadays declaring results in 3 weeks' period
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »