Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sleeping disorder q! - ellendemsky
REM: awaked mind paralized body
non-REM: PARALIZED MIND ,FREE BODY
what is the answer ellendemsky?Wink i wanna sleep plzzz
The answer is d:

In REM sleep disorder, the normal paralysis of muscles during REM sleep is not present, and the person"act out" the dream they are experencing. This often results in injury to oneself or to others with whom the person is sleeping. In addition, the content of the dreams associated with this sleep problem is often violent or aggressive. Hi drs, any treatments?

Hope you all are lucky and to be safe for the nights!
It mixed up with Ans B and C
nite terror screem but I dont know wheter kick or not coz my wife
kicks me in always. Non Rem pt have movement. so good question
Sorry I didnt see the ans.
sorry for Ismael.......ha ha......pray for your safety.....
it is very simple question ,unable to recall ,NREM , PATIENT IS CONFUSED may be due to anxiety disorder as sleep walking take palce .delta waves must pe present ,night terrors may be due to spouse abuse or any other conflict between husband and wife ,so provoke anxiety so defintely it should be C .ANOTHER THINK TO MY FRIEND WHOI WRITE REM: awaked mind paralized body
non-REM: PARALIZED MIND ,FREE BODY
PARALYZED BODY AND PARALYZED MIND BOTH ARE WRONG WORDS TO USE HERE sorry to say that because paralyzedcmind does nothing so kindly dont use slang word .please my friend apologize me because it creates confusion takecare
D REM sleep disorder
D?? REM sleep behaviour disorders (RBD) or NOCTURNAL MYOCLONUS (not included in choices)

Sleep movement disorders are classified according to time of occurrence:

1)On falling asleep:
-Restless legs syndrome
-Nocturnal myoclonus
-Propriospinal myoclonus

2)During NREM sleep: (Nocturnal frontal lobe epilepsy)

3)During REM sleep: (REM sleep behaviour disorders).

-Restless legs syndrome (RLS)is characterized by deep ill-defined paresthesias in the legs arising during postural rest,especially when the patient is trying to fall asleep.

-Nocturnal myoclonus: Motor agitation of the legs is associated with periodic involuntary movements,named nocturnal myoclonus (NM)or periodic limb movements in sleep (PLMS).NM may appear independently of RLS and can induce sleep fragmentation,but not necessarily an insomniac complaint. This condition is related to PLMD Periodic Limb Movement Disorder; in which one or both legs or arms may undergo a variety of jerky movements -- from twitching to kicking or hitting the partner in bed.

-Propriospinal myoclonus (PSM)is characterized by jerks arising from an axial muscle and spreading up and down via multisynaptic path- ways,for several segments and appears when patients are relaxed trying to fall asleep, giving rise to severe insomnia.

-Nocturnal frontal lobe epilepsy: is characterized by a spectrum of stereotyped dystonic-dyskinetic motor attacks of different intensity and duration and occurring during slow wave sleep.

Diagnosis must be made by POLYSOMNOGRAPHY; audiovisual recording as polygraphic recordings rarely show ictal and interictal epileptic abnormalities.

-REM sleep behaviour disorders (RBD): are episodes of motor agitation arising during REM sleep due to the absence of muscular atonia and are characterized by more or less purposeful gestures enacting attack or defence reactions,sometimes associated with emotional expressions of joy, laughter or sorrow.
RBD often herald other signs and symptoms of neurode- generative disorders like Parkinsonian syndromes.

If correctly diagnosed,all these sleep movement disorders can be treated successfully
agree with pawan and antigen 1
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »