Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBME-form1-section1#29 - doubleblessing
????????????
whats happening?
what u mean senility? Smile
is it d or not?
The laboratory finding that best predicts whether an operation that relieve the obstruction will REDUCE the blood pressure to NORMAL is increased renin activity in the?

I have different view to this one(maybe I am wrong but let me express my point of view and tell me wat is wrong:

1- The incr. BP is due to 85% occlusion of the right renal artery.

Hypoperfusion of the right kidney---->renin secretion.

To make sure that ur OPERATION is a succes and BP will decrease, renin activity on the

RIGHT side has to decrease( the only reason for surgery), however hypoperfusion is not fully compensate after surgery so the LEFT KIDNEY WILL continue to secrete renin.

The best predictor is the VEIN not artey, so my answer is :

b. left renal vein vs right renal vein.

y? if after u correct the stenosis, renin is increased, the BP will not be reduce.

Sorry to be long, please ur input.

thanks, okt3.
okt!
without stressing ourselves decreaed perfusion increased secretion!
and the reponse due to the effect of an eff art shoul go thru aff art to vein!
quoting a note
"Ischemic kidneys release higher levels of renin in their veins. Renal venous sampling for measuring renin levels to compare the venous drainage from each kidney can be used to predict the degree of renal ischemia and the potential success of surgical revascularization. A 1.5-fold increase in renin level in the ischemic kidney indicates a positive result and suggests that revascularization may be successful in the treatment of elevated blood pressure."

I am proud of you, because you did your own research(thanks to www) and you come with a good reason why the answer is D)

A 1.5-fold increase in renin level in the ischemic kidney indicates a positive result and suggests that revascularization may be successful in the treatment of elevated blood pressure.

That is the reason we are here in this forum, to help each others to understand pathopysiology and concepts.

Thank you for helping .

Good job and keep goin

thanks okt!
the fact is that u came out with the answer right from beginning!
that conceptual diff will def help you in scores!
good job!
Well i post the wrong answer with support(weak) because I expected you to find the answer.

senility - 09/18/07 01:20

is it d or not?

Now u know y D is the best answer.

Cheers

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »