Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My story - nicemale
well good luck bro. don't close the South off because of one bad experience. the south is a great place to live. being a foreigner myself, i grew up in the south and never had any problems. in fact, i'd love to go back when i get done with all my crap.

p.s. are there any hot indian chicks in here?
hey nicemale,

Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center: Lubbock, TX
Unexpected PGY-1 position available due to recent career change decision. Please email cover letter explaining the reason for leaving your current program, entire original ERAS application with current CV, USMLE scores (Steps 1 and 2), a copy of your Medical School Diploma, three letters of recommendation (one from current program director or supervisor if applicable) and Medical School Transcript to Hollie Rowan, OB/GYN Residency Coordinator to hollie.rowan@ttuhsc.edu. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. (position available immediately)

William Beaumont Hospital: Royal Oak, MI
Unexpected PGY-1 position available due to recent career change decision. Please e-mail or fax a cover letter (explaining the reason for leaving your current program, if applicable) along with your complete ERAS application and/or curriculum vitae, USMLE scores (steps 1 and 2), and Dean's letter. Two current letters of recommendation will be required, as well as your ACGME case log report (if applicable) before an interview can be scheduled. Please contact Sheryl Hartson, Program Coordinator, by e-mail at shartson@beaumonthospitals.com or via fax number (248) 551-8880. (position available October 1, 2007).

Allegheny General Hospital: Pittsburgh, PA
Unexpected PGY-1 position available. Please fax entire original ERAS application with current CV and Personal Statement, USMLE Scores (steps 1 & 2), a copy of your Medical School Diploma, Three Letters of Recommendation, Dean's letter, and Medical School Transcripts to Eileen Juliano, OB/GYN Residency Coordinator at Fax # 412-359-5133. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. (Position Available Immediately)

PGY 1 POSITION(S) AVAILABLE
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center: Lubbock, TX
Unexpected PGY-1 position available due to recent career change decision. Please email cover letter explaining the reason for leaving your current program, entire original ERAS application with current CV, USMLE scores (Steps 1 and 2), a copy of your Medical School Diploma, three letters of recommendation (one from current program director or supervisor if applicable) and Medical School Transcript to Hollie Rowan, OB/GYN Residency Coordinator to hollie.rowan@ttuhsc.edu. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. (position available immediately)

William Beaumont Hospital: Royal Oak, MI
Unexpected PGY-1 position available due to recent career change decision. Please e-mail or fax a cover letter (explaining the reason for leaving your current program, if applicable) along with your complete ERAS application and/or curriculum vitae, USMLE scores (steps 1 and 2), and Dean's letter. Two current letters of recommendation will be required, as well as your ACGME case log report (if applicable) before an interview can be scheduled. Please contact Sheryl Hartson, Program Coordinator, by e-mail at shartson@beaumonthospitals.com or via fax number (248) 551-8880. (position available October 1, 2007).

Allegheny General Hospital: Pittsburgh, PA
Unexpected PGY-1 position available. Please fax entire original ERAS application with current CV and Personal Statement, USMLE Scores (steps 1 & 2), a copy of your Medical School Diploma, Three Letters of Recommendation, Dean's letter, and Medical School Transcripts to Eileen Juliano, OB/GYN Residency Coordinator at Fax # 412-359-5133. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. (Position Available Immediately)

GL!
fake story..just to make emotional everybody on the forum..
lol
this story can happen to fresh graduates who don't know how to deal with others.

Hi nicemale,

where did you end up last year?
it is so scary.

5 were terminated.
Nobody comes and tells about only one program that is bad in all other programs. If you can not shre his pain, then ignore the message. Try not to add more fuel to fire. GL
Totally believable. Sorry to hear that. Its very important not to go for AMG dominant programs. Alabama is a red neck state with lots of racism. Look for newyork, newjersey etc. People who are born and raised here and went back to foreign countries to get cheap medical education can deal with these snobs but people as naive as you cannot handle them. Its better to go for a J1 rather than ruin your career. PDs can be mean and extremely arrogant. One has to become their pet dog sometimes to be in their good books. I have seen a lot like that not only in residency but everywhere. Whoever is a boss in some department will treat others like crap. So either be ready to learn about your rights by reading a lot and talking to people as mrmom said " nothing without an attorney"...or choose carefully. I wont say dont apply to this program,just be prepared for all this. Do your work as best as u can do and try to be the PD's puppy.
Regarding comments by the_heeb

And people call me mean.

I do agree with the_heeb although I choose another form to state my bluntness. I am sure that some details have been eliminated by nicemale. I also am not impressed with your use of the term "redneck" and although most rednecks that I have known do not have a problem with being labeled redneck, you use the term in a derogatory manner. I assume that you made your way through the program with a constant distain and contempt, for what you consider a lesser human being, which is what inevitably lead to your dismissal. You cannot hide this personality short coming, especially from what I am sure you consider the smaller people in life. I suggest you return to where you come from and consider this; people define themselves and the labels you choose to put on them will come back to haunt you, that I believe is Karma.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »