Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radiation oncology - gray
thats why we r freaking out for it!
anyone else applying/applied? do u mind sharing information 54321? thanks
You need connections to get in Radn Oncology
have u applied mactech?
I am radiation oncologist from my homecountry ,as of my last year experience mactech is right for most programs,
This year I have applied to only 9 programs which they told me about their criteria and Not any message from them then.They will send them in nov. I think.
GL
Gray,

No, I am not interested in Radn Onc.

I am going for other specialities ... But I have some faint idea of other specialities as I have been seeing last 2-3 yr matches..

Good Luck for you ..
hey babak where all did u apply? do u have any US experience? we should get together.not many have applied it seems.
hey babak can u email me? my email is status12
If you want to be a US doc apply to another specialty NOW.

Do you guys do any research before you apply?

Why don't you apply for a US fellowship? Then after you do the fellowship go backwards and do a residency. I know an anesthesia ATTENDING who is contemplating doing just that. He did a fellowship and is on faculty at a prestigious university program and he was taking is USMLE CS with me! It was hilarious. He teaches residents but if he wanted to go into private practice he would have to go back and do a prelim year in medicine or surgery Big Grin

Seriously consider the fellowship if its easier to get and make connections. Then back door it.
usapplicant:I know that Radiation Oncology is hard to get in.I have some research experience in nuclear med and cancer biology. I thought I could find more applicants who have/are applying to Rad Onc here.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »