Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
maricopa ,AZ - simplelife
Thank you everybody for your replies.....meme there is nothing so unique about the program.....I stay in California and since AZ is our neighbouring state I am interested in it coz I dont have to stay far away from my home.....and also my friend who did observership there said its an OK program.
i got an invite there too. the PC she is very nice, but still would not call her. i did my last two months of clerkship there.
rlnownd:
I'll iv there in Dec. Since you've done 2 months rotation I assume you've got a good acquaintance with the prog. Would you mind to share some info about the prog apart from the public info one can get through FREIDA and the prog's website ?
I'm specifically looking for:
1-Residents...good, bad ? are they AMGs, carib or IMGs ?
2-Ancillary staff and nurses...how did you feel about them?
3-PD and faculty ?
4-I know you've got a lot ivs, how would you rank maricopa ? low or high ?
5-How is the living cost in phoenix generally ? comparing to north east or south east ?

btw, I'm talking about Internal Medicine prog.

Thanks in advance.
1. Residents are good, but i feel that they lack interaction especially in outside setting such as get together, hanging out. some residents are DO, most are indian and paki origin IMG.
2. Nurses are nice, however, sometimes orders are not carried out because they are soo busy. remember this is a county hospital.
3. PD is a very nice lady. All the attendings that i worked with are amzing. they do care about teaching.
4. I don't know how i'll rank it. I have a total 21 iv to attend and copa will only be my 2nd one. I guess i will have to see first.
5. Living cost is cheap in phoenix. You can get a one room apt for about $450/month. Gas is cheaper than most state.
rlnownd:
Thanks buddy for sharing this info. I appreciate it.
count how much you gonna spend on AC in Arizona.........you will have to keep it on almost throughout a year
yeah, i forgot about the AC. it is nice from sept to may.
Either AC cost in Phoenix or Heating cost upnorth in NY ! Not much different Smile

Either AC cost in Phoenix or Heating cost upnorth in NY ! Not much different Smile

you don't have to worry about traffic congestion and parking in phoenix.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »