Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally! 1st OB iv - principito82
Thank u nj_man, where's yours? Hey letpot, my credentials are 85/99/passed all first attempt. 2006 grad, no USCE or research
congrats & GL hope more Ivs are coming our way
dear principito82 how could 80 in step 1 on 05/10/07 jump to 85 on 14/11/07. please tell me the secret. REFER BELOW

* To those waiting for scores
principito82 - 10/05/07 20:04

I never believed those 99ers saying "the exam was really hard, I thought I had failed but I was surprised when I found out I had gotten 99". But I have to tell you my friends: it´s true!!! I felt terrible after the exam too. I found most of the quetions very vague and confusing, considering I had studied really hard for the test, maybe twice harder than I did for step 1 (I got 80). I got my score yesterday: 99 (250). I am still shocked, I can´t believe it, but then my girlfirend came and told me: "Why wouldn´t you believe it? I saw how hard you studied, you do deserve that score". And it´s true: If you studied really hard but felt confused during the exam, don´t worry you probably did a lot better than you think, Why caný you be another 99er? If you worked hard, you´ll be one.
My preparation:
Read Kaplan lectures for 2 months.
UW for two months: 62% the first time (untimed, not randomed, did it by subjects). Then checked all the answers, took notes and finally read once again all UW notes.
At the end I did all the wrong questions again (randomed and timed): 72%.
5 Days before did USMLE CD: 38, 40, 41
Qs type in the real test doesn´t have anything to do with UW or Cd Qs. They looked all brand new to me. But the thing is that UW makes you bulid strong concepts, which will make you answer those weird Qs during the real exam. Never expect to find similar Qs in the real Test. Try to learn the basic concepts: UW AND KAPLAN IS ALL YOU NEED!!!!!!!!!

Succes to everyone
please the secret formula please.
congrats! me too to Chicago!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »