Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am completely blank what to do, need advice - docpesh
which area are you in presently? any alumni (from your college)residents in any program? do you have the scramble list?
docpesh.... pls dont waste money on organizations that offer externship. u wilbe duped.
Make contacts.. call people up.. ur frens .. even on the forum ask if anyone can help u get observerships, research etc......u jus have to come out of ur shell and start mailing people..old frens, collegues....i am sure u will get something .....call programs .. get email adds of docs from their website.. write to them n tell them u r interested in research............BE street smart....dont waste money on organizations.....a lot of people have lost their money that ways.....a prog in NJ offers observership in FM..i saw their website.can t remr whic one though....u have to do some homework... even albert ainstein PA offers observershipp.........write to people ..write to co-ordinators,...........get itno some action
Don't give them any money. You can get these clinic observerships for free if you call any doctor in your area. Even then they are not so useful as programs prefer hospital observerships.
I have tried so many hospital but unfortunately I did not hear any thing from them . I am in chicago and looking for some observership. That is the reason I have to contact FMGPORTAL and apply for extenship. But i stoped my payment as some body on the website told me that they are cheating. If any one has any experience with FMGPortal or did any externship is at of any use.

I am still looking for observership if any can help me out. I will appreicate it.
When did you apply? How many program did you apply? Is it late? Your credentials are very good.
Just take care while you consider such an externship. My friend did one in FM from fmgportal in texas but he had to face a lot of problems. The attending was an IMG herself and treated him very shabbily. She was rude and misbehaved with him when he asked for an LOR. The location of her clinic made it impossible for him to find accommodation because it was in the middle of nowhere. He had to rent a car to commute to the clinic.

Just insist on complete info of the location and talking to the attending before joining it. Some might be good by my friend's experience was horrifying.
Hi Docpesh,

I think 1200 dollars is way too much for a doctors clinic. Actually you may spend 500 dollars for say a 15 day rotation at a n academic institution. That too those 500 dollars give you your first foot into the system. many a times that one rotation leads top other observerships other contacts. The most imp thing about these rotations and observerships is the letters of recommendation u get from them.

So u have to get atleast 2 letters from USA doctors but 1200 dollars is surely not worth it!
hey excellence Psych is not less competetive
I have 5 yrs of Psych experience icluding one month observership got 10 Ivs
and failing in CS is very drawback in Pfamily medicine is tough either
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »