Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regarding UW score - ia99
here is my personal experience and what i recently saw in the step 2 forum while waiting for my step 2 result. your step 2 score (may apply to step 1) is likely to be about 30 points plus your average UW result of unused (new) questions. if you run at average of 50 your MLE result is around 80. No SD or CI given around this estimate though. A couple of days before I took my step 2, my UW average was 61 and my NBME result was 510 (which means 220 on the 3-digit scale). I got 225/93 on the real exam.
to make the long story short, the above formula worked for me. If everybody can post their UW results and the MLE, one can easily come up with the formula for the correlation coefficient.
It;s very difficult to answer ur question.

NBME predicts ur score well. I got 580 in NBME 2 1week before exam and I got 99 in Step2CK. So do NBME to predict ur scores.

UW- If u r doing ina timed mode and unused questions, only then 60% is OK. I got 59% in UW ( Timed, unused q only)

I hope this answers ur question

Good Luck
Thank you all for your input. Kob, you are not a decent doctor as others said, even if I was answering my own question why wouldn't you just reply nicely or ignore it. You have to understand my post before you say silly things. I said "I know that UW and NBME don't predict exactly but please answer based on your experience and other members' experiences.
If you can read critically look at the word " exactly" and tell me if I answered my own question. I was simply asking the general view on this matter. Nothing in life is 100%, however, two data can can be closely correlated as you perhaps took in your stats class.
I was asking the strength and direction of the linear relationship between UW/NBME and the real test.

It seems you are bullying people in the forum so please stop this nonesense OK. You are not our father or mother and you have no right to scold people even if they make mistakes on their posts. Just simply ignore posts that you don't like, it seems you can't do that since need to feel good about your self. There some people who feel GOOD whenever they put others down or scold and you EXACTLY that. Please relax. From today onward please don't reply to my posts.

look you just want reinforcement so It's still a stupid question. . . like I said people have different experiences . . . how does that help you at all . . . you are different from person x . . . even if one has an experience compatible with your perception . . . others may have a completely different experience . . . AGAIN

It doesn't help you at all.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »