Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBME (discussion) - raji_032
seizures are a known side effect of lithium
I think those are not acne but facial angiofibromas which you get in Tuberous sclerosis. It has a high propensity to epilepsy. Answer is D.(I haven't done NBME so hven't seen the picture. This is what I guess!)
between D and E ,,,it should be D, becuz mild mental retardation is diagnosed in the first year of school
well, still not sure about the answer though
wow shangango.. they r indeed angiofibromas.. thanku

sorry everyone.. for wrong description of picture..

lopo.. i checked, lithium could cause seizures..
thanx everyone..
wow so many interpretations for one disease condition. Shangogo u have a point. Tuberous sclerosis have severe mental retardation
BB, The picture with acne is a distractor, a 17yr male with acne is perfectly normal.
The patient is depressed b/cos of the social stigma comon with people of this age.
All the other ans are not related to Grand-mall epilepsy.
Plus Lithium for depression, and phenytoin will cause severe acne
since its an nbme question its important...

if you would like to continue discussing...

i got this one on the test: (sorry that i dont remember the other options...)

post MI... and they as directly what condition is he at risk for?? (they were all psychiatric dx)

i chose, major depression...

but look up this up... ! (hopefully i got it right...)
well if it is Tuberous sclerosis, then it changes everythig. Brain tumors will cause seizures definately.
This child would have required special education, from the begining of first grade. Which will make DDD the ans.
Depression can follow a major physical illness, I can't think of any other psy.diagnosis following a medical illness.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »