Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to nazeem -
duckie

All your info is correct, nazeem.
the things to be filled onli ne, and the things to be sent visa mail.
the only orginal you send in is the deans letter, you can send photocopies of your LORs if you want
nazeem

losangeles althogh new center is available in sept.but i also preferred philadelphia.philly earliest mid oct.u can make online payment although i dont know exactly howmaybe visa/mastercard i dnt know.that process and confirm date will be much faster if ur serious about 2005 resid. u did not see dates other than october because on top left and top right of calendar u have to click forward and back options to view later and earlier dates.dont delay later thanmaybe december for cs.i think u have to have ecfmg certificate by rank order list deadline.
docindia

will check out thanks
namrata - docnamrata81

hi nazeem
ur info was really heartening.i will be giving my step1 by end of june.can i still be in for the 2005 match.please advise.

i am from new delhi.
nazeem

hello,how much time do u intend to put for step2 and how much time r u going to put for usmle step1.i have not yet taken usmle cs but what i believe is if u read the right material eg (usmle world )u can also download 41 cases from valuemd.com site from download section.for that i think u have to have free registration .and osce,kaplan 5 day course notes copies.i also purchased online for 10$videos of examination of pts.i prep 8months for usmle step2 and went thru mcqs blueprint series-jaypee publications therer 3 different series within that.one with mcqs for usmle step2 other for step3 i did both.pretest series -allmost everything unlike usmle step1 where i avoided pretest 2 timesor if u have time 3times.Q-bank on cd.IF U HAVE TIME THEN 1)KAPLAN mcqs .i think they also go by Qbank name.one book for int medicine quest other covers rest.2)kaplan cd people say the quest here r easy compared to the real exam.dont know.so if ur confident u may be able to.it depends on what u think.i dont know suppose u want to take usmle cs exam and went and applied to usa embassy u will get visa(initial visitors) soi took usmle step1 and step2 to make my case stronger and hope to get visa.and like i mentioned if ur reasonbly confident of doing well then maybe u should apply for usmle cs accordingly but i think at the latest u can take it my late december.
Pooja - indiandoc_inuk@indiatimes.com

Hi Nazeem!
It looks like you are great in giving advice and helping people for there prep.Have you allready applied for a residency ?
I am ECFMG certified,(became in march this year).working at the moment in london.
But my problem is that I have low scores.and have been 4 years since I graduated.
so do I still have a fair enough chance to get into Internal medicine residnecy programme ,or does it seems to be a very difficult ,near impossible thing?
PLEASE ADVICE ASAP
nazeem

prog which i contacted in newyork,new jersey,michigan,ohio dont know about other states but just go to google and type img friendly hospitals in usa.diff prog have diff requirements.some req 6 months-1yr usa clinical experience some dont.some have min score req others dont so vaaries from prog to prog.i am a 2000 grad and have been working for 2.5 yrs.i contacted the prog and some im prog do have 3-5 yrs cutoff point after grad others dont.better start to contact the prog directly and clarify doubts.some of the states i mentioned are img friendly.i will be taking my usmle cs in oct.ru a gc holder.i am asking becuz u will be called for interviews.have u gone to ecfmg- and req for eras tken request for 2005.GL.
Pooja

Hi nazeem
thanx for yr mail.i am not a GC holder.I am presently working in the UK.I plant to take my step-3 by the end of this year,I have to apply for my visa again,as the previous one was a 6 month single entry.
when do u think, shall I take it ? Also I want to know ,is do you think inspite of the low scores ,you think i still have a chance to get into a internal medicine residency?
I am bad at interviews,do they have some course for facing interviews?
Please reply ASAP.
nazeem

pooja,hello.dont worry.have u gone to eras website and in residency section found the im residency prog ur interested in and their location and email. start it quickly so when eras starts( on july 15 for year 2005) u will be ready with the prog.when u contact them personally also mention ur scores,working at present,whether they have graduation date cutoff point after which fmg r not accepted,visa sponsor etc. hope u paid for the eras token thru ecfmg website and also get recommend letters from college .if interest in im one from hod and two from prof/unit head under whom u have worked.for other field the same way.also have a VERY VERY GOOD PERSONAL STATEMENT.i am getting it edited by my brother.mention what initially interested u tombbs and then why u have chosen im residency prog in that particular place and so on.dont worry JUST BE URSELF and things will be fine.interviews will take place in early nov-dec-jan end.so u have to get visa.i dont have visa so if i get visa i would like to give cs exam and interviews in the same visit.so cant say anythingabout ur visa situation.hope everything works out smoothly for u.GL
cindy

nazeem can you help me i am just getting started in step 1. i would really appreciate any help , advice you can give me. thank you in advance
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »