Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what do you think about RN program? - rockpaper
im a nurse working in ICU and i get rid the financial burden that all these steps and obstacles esp. regarding money matter and in fact i am considering staying in nursing less stress good pay!!!
filipino,

can I email you?
to sly.
what is a house physician?
Can IMGs apply?
hypersexual,

I alreday posted a link above but this may help
"According to the Florida's Board of Medicine:
House Physician; Definition of.
A house physician is a person who holds a degree as a medical doctor, or its equivalent, but who does not have and has never had a license to practice medicine in Florida and is employed and paid by a hospital.
House Physician; Duties of.
The duties of a house physician are variable in different institutions but, in general, a house physician is to assist in conducting the professional work of the hospital by writing histories, doing and recording physical examinations, performing laboratory work, and such other functions as the medical staff feels are within the house physician™s capabilities, such functions to be performed under the direct supervision of a physician who has an active Florida license to practice medicine. For purposes of this rule œdirect supervision means that the supervising physician must be physically present on the premises so that the supervising physician is immediately available when needed.
You can get this information from: http://www.med.ufl.edu/personel/brenda/Housestaff... "

jstewart,
needing visa is always a pain but regarding general research this link may help: http://www.ikenga.com/
to sly.
I read the link you provided.I did not understand whether I am eligible.I am ECFMG certified.
Can IMGs apply?
hi sly

I think we need some clarification about the house physician issue..please
rockpaper, why not PA? What is RN benefit vs. PA? (low loan, easy to get job? anything else?
House physician is also good, but only in Florida and it is not a full time job (expensive cost when moving out of state).
hope,

PA is expensive. Average cost i s 50K plus living expenses for 2 years, so may come out close to 100K. I'm not willing to add that amount to my existing loans. The cheapest PA program that I've come across is UT Southwestern, which is 21K for 31 months, but that's for Texas residents. For non-residents, I think it's 50 or 60K. If you're already a Texas resident, then that could be an option. If not, you would need to move to Texas and live there for 12 months before you can start school in order to get the resident tuition rate. In addition, it's quite competitive.

In my opinion, Nurse practitioner is better in terms of pay and scope of practice. Nurse practitioner can actually see patients independently, PA can't. I'd like to get my RN first, and start making more money, then go for nurse practitioner (if I don't get in residency, I'll keep trying for residency every year).
hi filipino,
can you tell me the steps for getting in a nursing program?
also any links to colleges, cost of entering the profession etc etc

Hi,
I eard that for RN we have to pass TOEFL test,that is not so easy.
some state don't ask it.
We can apply for this states if we don't stay there?
thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »