Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Sri Lankans in this forum? - azkarjam
I matched in IM
Hi...include me Smile lexmatch
dnadna where did you graduate from? which year?
if graduated recently you have a better chance at the match.
you need good usmle scores and try to have them by September if possible.
at the same time make sure your Med school gets the Medical School Performance Evaluation format and have it ready by September as well. ( I wasn't able to get mine in time )
work on getting one or more US recommendation letters preferably from physicians known to the departments you intend to apply.
during the match try to increase your chance by applying also to less preferable specialties in smaller hospitals. and apply to as many as you can afford.
when ranking programs please make sure you have ranked ALL programs you interviewed in YOUR preferred order ( no matter how you think they are gonna rank you )
start on working to get personal statements to each specialty you intend to apply from NOW.
try to add a story to tell why you chose that specialty ( doesn't have to be true but has to be consistant to make it look real )
any more info needed I would be glad to help.
Nice to see at least a handfull of Sri Lankans here and matched. I completely agree with azkarjam and would like to add "try to build up some connections too" ; specially with people who can recommend you to a program.

dnadna, I hope you got my e mail. If you guys like you can e mail me to the above mentioned email
Re: MSPE , I got mine in the exact format, right on time after about 100 phone calls from the USA and about 50 e mails. At the same time my faculty charged me $250/= for that. Finally now I feel it doesn't worth for it because except at CCF no one had a look at on it. I really wanted to have a complete application and worried about every minor thing. But I know people who matched without the MSPE. Some avoided it thinling that it would bring up a negative view ( B coz here most of the med students get "A"s while we rarely see first classes in our faculties) So I think it is better to decide first whether it is worth going for it or not
Hi
Include me too, glad to find so many of us here. My mail id is coolgirl12368
hi azkarjam,and zorx can i have u're e amil id , and need hepl for next match

my e mail is usmle17

I need your help

Thanks
Hey I am from srilanka as well. reading for step 2 CK. cleared step 1 with 95%, step 2 CS at first attempt. hoping to get in 2009.

Jasminewhite, I have written you an email. I am in CT.

guys keep it up. I know some other nationality people (no offense please) help each other. It is out turn now.
ok guys, feel free to email me if there is anything I can do.
azkarjam
Hey Guys,
I am glad that someone came forward with this idea!
I'm studying for step 3 now. I did not match this year.
I would like to get into FM.
plz add me to your group, my email medicine0924@yahoo.ca
Thanks and Good Luck to everyone!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »