Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
neuro-1 - stefan78
for acute attack----iv methylprednison for 4 days ----than go to oral
for long term----methotrexate ,cyclosporin and interferon beta
for primary progressive----glat acetate and interferon

so stephan78----answer shud be CCCCCCCCCC
maybe interferons to reduce the diability from this attack.
in secondary progressive ds..interferon beta or mitoxantrone haults ds. progression...
there is no drug that can halt MS.if only... only limits the disability!
sorry i meant it can limit disability..
i will post explaiantion.....in 30 min

let other collegues try..it aint cccccccc
OMG
giving up on the question, if it is not "intravenous steroids"!!!!!!!! I mean I can not think of anything else besides "C"........The only reason "C" is not suitable because it might flare Urinary tract infection

waiting for the answer
ok guys 30 min r over.....................................

here is the explaination

The correct answer is A
Educational Objectives
Recognize effect of fever on multiple sclerosis.
Critique
Neurologic function often deteriorates when patients with multiple sclerosis are exposed to ambient heat or fever, because raised temperature decreases conduction through demyelinated nerves. This is considered a pseudoexacerbation and is not necessarily evidence of a new exacerbation. Sudden worsening of lower-extremity strength and increased spasticity in any patient with multiple sclerosis, especially if associated with fever, should prompt investigation for urinary tract infection, decubitus ulcer, cellulitis, arthritis, or other irritative conditions. Any painful or irritating stimulus can worsen spasticity. Often the course improves over several days with hydration, appropriate antibiotic therapy, and aggressive reduction of fever. The other treatment options will not directly address this patientâ„¢s deterioration due to fever.
good question with great explanation.....thanks
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »