Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rejection from Northwestern.... -
Mik

to phd

:-) I personally applied to all programs in Chicago area because I want to be sure that if there is 0,0000000000000001% chance that I can get a call from such programs like Loyola I don't want to miss it. But I know my chances and these rejections were no suprise for me. I see that so many people are getting depressed with each rejection. But rejection is not equal the rejection. If I get it from program which takes IMG's- not good. But from such programs like Northwestern or Loyola- not bad. It was pretty obvious.
Good luck.
phk

U r so right Mik.
Thats the way to look at it, as u said.
This rejection r also even worth having.
Ha Ha. LOL.
GL to u also.
docpac

mik,where do u live in chicago.i live in chicago too and hope to get residency somewhere in illinois.
mamal - mamadrezvani2

Yoop I got my rejection yesterday,I was so depressed,But actually now I feel better,,I got 92/92/waiting for cs result,,,any way I have applied to 70 programms on mid-sep and I have recieved 7 already,,,how's that I will apreciate if any one would be ready to share his/her experience with me,because if there is something woriesome about I can apply to more programms now!!
Mik

to docpac: I live on suburbs and I love Chicago, I will go to any program here.

to mamal: You have good scores and applied to enough amount of programs IMHO. What I understand - you have 7 intervies in your hand right now, right? What is your visa status and year of grad? Anyway- 7 interviews is good amount. I read somewhere that 7-8 is the safe number to be matched. Don't know if it's true. Good luck.
docpac!

mik,my situation is quite bad,even the img friendly programs haven't called me.have u heard from cook county?
Mik

Docpac, I'm sorry to hear that. I don't know anything about your situation but if you don't have any calls as of today I would apply anywhere not only in IL, immediately. I received a call from Cook long time ago- it was actually my first interview. I applied on September 12. Hope it helps.
docpac

my creds 90/90,2000 grad,1 yr usce,applied in mid oct.called 4 programs not rejected but onhold.int at uic christ,how was ur cook county interview,did they ask u medical questions?i think i applied late and so i'll have to be patient,thanks in advance,good luck.
Mik

My interview is in January at Cook. I don't count on premach because I'm waiting for CS results and just hope to get them before rank list. My cred: 91/96/2001 grad/GC/ no USCE

Good luck to you, too.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »