Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very very important change by USMLE 2CK exam!!!!! - monty_090882
what do they mean by mid-aug? what if i'm taking my exam in aug.3rd is it going to affect those taking the exam in first week? y did they decide to do it in Aug? Sad((((
The new test software is better than the old one. But the score reporting delay is painful in the peak time.

I already sent email to testadmin@nbme.org
Lets see what happens
write something similar to this........" Need to be ECFMG certified to apply for 2009 Match. With the dealy in score reporting, I would not be be ECFMF certified/qualified to apply. It will be a huge set-back on my academic progress. The short notice is difficult to change my career plans! Please stick to the old software for the month of Aug-Sep".
has anyone been able to understand whether the new blocks are 46 items each? I've seen blocks on the tutorial that are 184 items long and some are 30 min long, total exam was 16 blocks!!!
To,
USMLE TEST ADMINISTRATION SERVICE

Subject:- Delay in Score Reporting of Step 2 CK because of introduction of new software interface for computer based step2 CK test starting from mid-august 2008.

Respected Sir/Madam,

I recently learned about the Introduction of new software interface for computer based step2 CK test starting from mid-august 2008. The message was posted on your website www.usmle.org on 15th July,2008. I welcome and appreciate new step taken by USMLE TEST ADMINISTRATION SERVICE to improve the exam quality. The newer version is superior and more user friendly.

However, this recent change could result in delay in score reporting for step 2 CK. The normal turnaround time for reporting scores to Step 2 CK examinees is 3 to 4 weeks. However, during this transition, turnaround time may be as long as 6 to 8 weeks, meaning an additional time of 3-4 weeks.

Each year Residency application starts on 1st September and even though the official usual deadline for applications are in late December or later, many Hospital Programs stop accepting the residency applications within first few weeks after 1st September because by then they already have enough number of applicants and hence they start scheduling personnel interviews in first or second week of October. This necessitates all applicants to apply for residency program preferrably by early September or at the most late week of September.

The above scenario may not be true for American Medical Graduate Applicants applying for their residency but this highly represents the competitiveness of residency application experienced every year by a Foreign Medical Graduate (FMGs) and makes it necessary for FMGs to apply in concerned residency program before end of September month with all scores ready in their hand including that of step2 CK.

Above delay of additional 3-4 weeks for score reporting may reduce chances for thousands of highly competitive and eligible FMGs to get residency match this year (match 2009) especially for those who have scheduled their ste 2 CK exam after mid-August and during early September. Because they would receive their score only after mid or late October, by which most residency programs have been filled. Being late for application may cost one important year of their career in Physician™s life. And I am sure Usmle Test Administrators would not be any more happy with that.

I would also like to bring to your notice that step 2 CK test is a very highly competitive and tough test and hence makes it very unlikely for the test takers to make any sudden-last moment and unplanned change to their scheduled step 2 CK exam date. I hope Usmle Test Administrators also understands this natural human limitations.

As an alternative to time of introduction of the newer version of exam in mid-August, USMLE Test Administrators can dealy it to November or December 2008, by which all applicants who are going to apply for match 2009 would already have their scores on hand and so they don™t get late for the residency application. If this alternative seem unacceptable to Usmle Test Administrators, then they should atleast make their every possible efforts to report scores within 3 to 4 weeks.

I hope USMLE Test Administrators would not oversee my request and would make every possible effort to save thousands of FMGs™ career. Any response is highly appreciated.

Thanking you.

USMLE TEST TAKER

Kindly read the above letter and let me know for any necessary changes needed.

All of you please make little modification in this letter so they dont think that only one person is sending emails using different IDs.

Thanx.
why the HECk "respected" ..who frigging wants to give them respect,my foot.
btw..don`t u think it`s better if u post each one a diferent mail??
will you stop whining and post something useful? what about the new exam structure?
it's your fault to not have taken the exam early and not theirs, if you were gonna take your exam after august 15 then you weren't gonna receive result before september anyway
at least now maybe the programs will be more understanding about delays in scores and applying with just one score and will take into consideration the effects of this recent change
seems to me this whole thing has been done on purpose and is very well thought out....it will affect mostly imgs, there aren't any major changes that NEEDed to be introduced in august. it sure is the ideal time to introduce it in order to restrict applications from imgs....truly sucks, don't think there's much we can do, although, heck, i'll still send an email. Lets try an overcome this challenge! Good luck to all of us in changing our study plans to accomodate this.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »