Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 match general surgery - god_help_us
no news yet!!
applied to 126 progms and nothing
too soon i gues
I think, it is too early to have any outcome but last year things started to come after the first week. I cannot recall very well. But I will say for now no news , good news. Hope for the best.
Prelim can be taken and reinforce your credential as a US hands on which is also very hard to get. It will depends on your goal and your plans. This is chess game and you have to think how you make your move considering all kind of situations. I am sure a lot of us will do good here. God bless
i am old graduate too 1997 finished 3 years residency then working 4 years and currently doing prelim surgery. i only applied to programs with no graduation year cut off which only 43 programs. in 2 month working i got 2 lor and i just sent them to ecfmg today. good luck for all future surgeons
Thnx .GL to you too
I want to apply to both categorical as well as preliminary surgery.
Many advised that I should be ready to give a reason why at the interview.
Should I just apply for categorical and if they don't think I am fit for that they may invite me for preliminary? Is that how it works?or should I apply to both of one program?
I advise you to apply to both because categorial and preliminary are different. Apply , get the iv and you will find all your answers to what you wrote in your PS or to any Gaps you might have. Hope this helps
Hi zzzzzzzz
i already have LORs from Chairman of Dep. of Surgery in Cairo University and a couple of my profs.
Do you think that would help?
Hi Hanytakla
In the worse case, you will have prelim..Nobody can tell right now. Pray and wait..Look at it this way. If you have prelim, it will help you for next year as a US clcinical hands on...Your credential is good
God_help_us
Hi people, i am from Argentina, 2003 graduate, complete pediatric surgery residency back home, 87/83/cs second attemtp, no visa
my first!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rejected from
Memorial Health University Medical Center Program, in Georgia, Savannha
not img friendly
And if i have a prelim, do i have to go through all the match process again?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »