Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
got my result 245/99 my experience - rsvr
congrats rsvr got my score too today 99/243
congratulation my friend.
hi! congrats for the great score.good luck for the other steps.can u plz send me the corrected answer key for the nbme 5&6.thanks.
study hrs 8 hrs/day
i am sorry i don not ahve the nbme forms----my comp crashed after my exam and i lost all the forms i had downloaded into it---but there r many on this forum who have it and will be able to help u
i have discussed nbme 5 and 6 extensively on this forum during the month of aug---all the Q i was unsure abt-----i did not correct the ans key but i will be able to help u guys with the right ans if u send me the Q ---at rsvr05, as i mentioned i have lost the downloaded forms as my laptop crashed

also as i mentioned all that i did was nbme + kap Q bank+ UW+ kap books , for all the subjects including patho, did no other book just my notes

i have handwritten all my notes , with all short forms and the way that is easy for me to understand, do not have a soft copy of it
it is always better u make ur own notes because reading ur writing will help u remember better

i hope this helps please feel free to ask any other Q
i need ur help.... i was unfortunate wid step 1 twice.... recently took my exam in may 2008, was short of 6 marks.... i started preparing again.... last time i did kaplan q bank & uw... started reading kaplan notes.... will soon take kaplan qbank... & also trying to get the kaplan videos from someone....but still not sure... iam plannin to take the exam in may be 2-3 months time.... but iam really nervous this time.... plz help... thanks...
Hi!
Many congrats, and wish you the same in steps ahead.
Now as I am stambling on the start for preparation I am purchasing every success stroy.

You said "i did listen to kaplan videos but personally felt they were a waste of time as by doing the Questions i learnt everything better than listening to those videos---"
So how should one start preparing, what to read/listen, if you think the Kaplan material-the only thing I have is not efficient tool?
Thanks
to drspirit

the thing is to become perfect with all the concepts in Kap Q bank and UW and then do nbme at the end, its learning all those concepts
different people need different time to prepare----dont put a time frame----first do all these make notes read it at least three times---till u r confident that u have understood everything-------then fix an exam date

revise--revise---revise---u sd have it on ur tips
thanks for ur reply rsvr.... notes as n wht.... the key points in question & the choices...? do u think kalpan videos are helpful.... i dont want to loose this time....
hi,

congrats.....

i just want to ask u about the number of hrs u studied daily. did u work hard?
when did u started seriously studying and how many hrs u studied during this time?

did u study with a study partner or u studied alone?

i personally wish u all the best for ur next exam

thank you.
gl
well i personally felt tapes did not help me as i mentioned earlier its a very personal opinion--
it may help someone else---u have to decide what suits u--- listen for a couple of hrs--see how u feel ----do some Q ---decide from where u r learning better---its because when u do Q ---u know exactly what type of Q are likely to arise----the main thing is mastering all the Q in Kap Q bank+ UW+ NBME , by all these u wd have done 5000-6000 Q and u have to decide how to master all these Q----so that if a similar Q arises u know what to do
revise---revise ---revise no one can remember everything by reading once
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »