Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i am desppressed - rody
Dear Rody,
There is always hope. Start calling every program that you applied to and be extremely nice. Talk to them about any ties to their community that you may have and if you have no ties then learn something about the area and make comment about it. Most places want to know that your just not a FMG haphazardly applying to every program on the list just to hope to land any position. Send an e-mail to the program coordinator and copy to the PD because the PC will feel obligated to reply if your copy the e-mail to his or her program director. This worked for me. Good Luck!
damn... its really hard to understant your post..
cool down dude and post it clearly... why are u depressed so much..
may be we could share ur problem..
god bless u...
take it easy.....i didnot mark the box beside NRMP match so it appear in CAF( no ) beside NRMP match, anyway i upload new profiles ,i hope that i did this early ,i didnot even got 1 inteview i dont know if this mistake is my problem or to be old graduate can destory any try
That wouldn't affect anything.
i think by updating it in your profile it will be corrected...u can contact ERAS support services and ask if they have better solutions to it..
cool down dude.... everything gonna be fine..
God bless you..
thank u myd304 but they r not willing to talk even in my mistake
ERAS Support Services at ECFMG:

E-mail: eras-support@ecfmg.org
Phone: (215) 386-5900
Your worried about a mistake on a check box for the NRMP rather than 2 attempts on step 2? Which do you think would be a higher concern, looking at it from a Program Directors perspective?
To amyd304,
I did not know that it is acceptable to contact the programe directors after we apply...I thought that this might be considered a negative point...is it possible to give me an idea of what shud the content of the email contain if I need to follow up with my application when i address it to the programe coordinator??
I got no IV till now and all I got was 9 rejections so far, I was assuming that may be things might differ after release of step 2 score which is still pending...
will appreciate your advice
Thank you
It is not inappropriate to contact any program for an interview. They are not allowed to contact persons not applying to their program. You will only do this by writing an e-mail confirming the receipt of your application through ERAS and after writing that sentence then you will go on to say something else about yourself to close the e-mail. When you write the last sentence (the one after the confirmation of application through ERAS) you need to be creative. You need to grab their attention with very little writing, Such as, I have relatives living in the area and they are very excited about the possibility of my obtaining my residency training close to their home. Or you could say that you and Dr. so and so (one of the faculty member or even better the program director) graduated from the same school or have known each other for so long, have alot in common and that you can hardly wait to meet them or to speak to them in person. Always close with this: to the PC... "I want to thank you in advance for taking the time to respond to this e-mail as I know that you are extremely busy this time of year. I would be honored to meet you inperson and learn more about your program." Lastly, if you get no response forward the e-mail to them again and in subject area put "follow-up." This would get their attention at least to look at it. Never and I mean Never put "residency question" in the subject area. On the first e-mail, in subject put "residency follow up" or put the PD name in c/o the PC's name. Remember, they are reviewing a large amount of e-mails and you need a catching phrase in the "subject" because they look at this first. Remember all the personal e-mail addresses can be taken from FREIDA. It is a lot of work but worth it. Don't forget, you are selling yourself to the PC in one sentence...don't forget to CC the PD. The PC is very powerful and trusted as I know a PC who was so trusted that he scheduled the interviews. Really, do you think a PD has time to look over 500 applications. Think about it!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »