Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about ERAS pictures - very_good_looking
So in response to my honest question, I get homophobia and jealousy probably from those with very high board scores. See what I mean? Many patients do indeed get a rise from my appearance and say so. I've been described several times as an "angel" by patients and I believe I have the personality to go with it since I enjoy helping people. I don't rely on my looks or else why would I go to medical school and be with mostly ugly people every day? I am really surprised how ugly (on the inside) many medical students AND physicians are. I expected more but I guess they are just like everyone else after all. I know appearance is just a mask and fleeting but if anyone knows it makes a difference it would be me...especially with the surprisingly many un-evolved people in medicine.
if every patient wants to sleep with u, I am sure u will be a very popular doc. who doesn't want to sleep with an angel, anyway?
lol......relax, u r right to some extent, a pleasant face for a sick person might offer some relief, but i wouldnt stick to it as my sole pillar for obtaining a residency and a successful career............i have seen physicians who are not good looking from any angle but they have won the hearts of many just bcos they have a sincere nature, open minded and outgoing...
hmm... so.. good looking people do not try to learn more and get 99 becoz they think good looks are enough? did i understand you right? or may be you think getting 99 will make you socially inept.. that's why you tried hard to get less scores? i just hope that you dont have criteria that your patients also have to be good looking.. so that they appeal to the doctors...
this is intrestin hahahahha...so if people offer u interviews or job coz they like ur face...then i guess they must be looking for something in exchange.......and ofcose thats only natural after all ur so damn good lookin.

hey do u mind posting a link to ur picture!!!!
Damn, i need that link too.........
yeah but suppose u apply to a program who has a really ugly PD and suppose he thinks u r competition , i mean dont u think than YOUR GOOD LOOKS wud actually be a disadvantage ??? and what if all the other NOT SO GOOD LOOKING fellow residents start hating u cuz they think u r pompous ,.... just giving u some possibilities that u shud prolly prepare urself for.
I think good looks do help relationship with patients and colleagues. We are all humans.

However, there is also a chance that a hot girl or a sey man might cause unnessary troubles, or sometimes people look at you differently since you are good looking, and pay less attention to your inside.

It is true that in reality most doctors do not look like those on TV shows, but I cetainly would not mind working with a doctor that looks like a movie star.
Good looks are in the eyes of the beholden. You may look good the way you see yourself but others may say otherwise. Besides, it's beauty in the heart that counts not beauty in appearance.
okay manjes507 that is SO NOT TRUE ! if that were the case there wouldnt be a Miss Universe contest !!! good looking chicks wont make fools out of men and ugly nice men wud be in jocky underwear adds !
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »