Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easton IM - sina2008
sad123, pls share more info from inside with us...what's the causes of firing 6 people?
hi, sad123,

why did she fire 6 residents?
how many got prematch here?
Did we go to the same Easton PA program????My interview revealed a PD determined to turn a previously weak program around. According to some of the residents I met over lunch, she is doing it. Didn't make many new firends at the beginning because she had to enforce what was already started before she even arrived. NOT SIX. Two couldnot pass step 3 and PA requires it for PGY 3 contract. One was terminated for SERIOUS cause, one could not cut it and failed heavy duty remediation so he resigned for a FP position. I think she is a stronger PD than they were used to before she came and they get away with less.

PD is ambitious but not overly so. She seemed capable of making this a strong program. Check out her CV! I think she can live up to her promises. Eight of us for iv and we were split into two groups for tours. IN between the 2 formal ivs, she talked and listened to us.

I did not think she talked too much. SHe was trying to loosen up some of the more stressed out interviewees, I think. ALso, there were 2 formal type IVs and she was trying to see us when we were more of ourselves. SHe did mention the goal of the program was to select a Team rather than individuals only. SOunds kinda good to me.

I aksed about a pre match and was told that she gives out one or two every couple of weeks. They are trying to put together this team and want to check out several applicants before they sign more on. I believe she said that they would be done by CHristmas and that there wouldbe 2 spots open for match day. If I do not get a prematch, Ihope to match there.

ALso, I spoke with a friends relative who graduated there last June and he really liked botht he program and the new pd.

thanks,nopollyanna! when was ur iv? mine was a few weeks ago...i like the new PD...she made the iv process relaxed n enjoyable. and she really joined the morning report's teaching too. if i go for match, i definitely rank it highly.
do any of guys know if Easton sponsors visa? i saw in the other portal says it offers just j1 or not? thanks
Thnx for all answers.
I need to know who is gonna do IV (PD,PC,Faculty)?How many people?
How can I find information about them.I looked up at the hospital web site but nothing about their CV was there.
please give me some hint.
you didn't look others' post carefully...

dimonlimon - 12/04/08 21:26

Go to:

http://baseportal.com/cgi-bin/baseportal...2/Icompile

It's a residency interview experience database. Easton (2008) is there as well.
good luck to u,sina2008!
thnx rroarr Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »