Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Step 1 score 276/99 - pollux
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
u surely deserved it...
I got lots of motivation reading your experience. Thanks a lot for that. Wish you the best for future too.
And one quick Question. You said kaplan and FA were not enough for behavioural and biostat questions. Any suggestion what shall I go for to cover that?
congrats..............
Golyan - thank you! Yes I wouldn't have been able to do this without my family's support; I was living at home during those two months when I was studying 10hr/day and I would have gone insane if I were just by myself.

Thank you all, drstrider, nebee123, juneflower, and bama. Smile I wish you all the best in your future endeavors too.

buspiron - I took the NBMEs online so I did not write my answers down. I understand your situation as I was looking for NBME answers before my exam as well. I'll try to do NBME 5 and 6 tomorrow when I have time, but no guarantees about their accuracy though. It's hard having to do these questions again when I haven't touched them for almost a month now. Tongue

slick - I'll do 5 and 6 first. Maybe 1-4 later if I have time.

hope88 - sorry to hear about your situation, it must be really tough for you. I think you're actually very close to passing. Try to go over FA in more details; it covers 80% of the exam content. I think it's more important to understand concepts before you memorize them. And make sure you learn from your mistakes in UW. For incorrect questions, you have to know why your answer is wrong, and what the question is really asking for, rather than merely remembering the answer choices. I'd also recommend annotating info from UW into FA as well. Aside from that, focus on the high-yield subjects, such as physiology and pathology as these are the bulk of the exam. I would recommend reading BRS physiology and pathology.

seri - thank you! I'm glad my experience motivated you. Smile
I heard people liked HY behavioural and biostats a lot, but I have only read the first few chapters of HY BS so I can't really comment on them. I didn't like Kaplan and FA because they focused too much on the psychiatric disorders, and not so much on the "best response/action" scenario type of questions. The practice questions from UW and NBME are very good though, and I would recommend doing as many questions like those as you can, so you're familiar with the concepts. Sorry to confuse you, but for biostats, I think FA is quite sufficient, but make sure you are comfortable doing those calculations and drawing those 2x2 tables. Doing lots of biostats questions will definitely help solidify the concepts.
congrats! that must be a record score! What specialty are you aiming for? When I get sick I'll come to you to treat me! Smile

incredible! thanks for sharing your experience. do you have HY molecular bio in pdf?? after reading your comments i feel like going over that book

CONGRATUALTIONS

2 THINGS:

1)-I have never seen your name "pollux", that make me think that the best way to get 99 is to stay away from forum until result.

2)- I have never seen Step 1 score 276/99, you most be a genius.

GL.
What an amazing score!!

Congratulations!!

Do you mean with Goljan notes--> Rapid Review Pathology?
^

hey don't generalize lol - i was also away and joined the forum yesterday to check for others who are expecting their scores

my message was meant for okt3, i got a mediocre score so its not about staying away from the forum, its how intelligently you study Smile
wow! am speechless
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »