Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jehovah witness ethic q from fischer - junaid_08
ans is C

Minors cant refsue urgent life saving therapy.Father can refuse for himself but not for the child.the childs wishes in a matter of urgent life saving therapy are not relevant to proper ethical t/m.you do not need a court order in this case.you save the life of child ,dont wait.

Thanks for the answer junaid Smile
so what i have concluded from uw and conrad fischer ethical qs that in any emergency(even when u suspect an emergent complication can occur)for a child a physicain can go ahead and treat.wheather there is parental consent or no consent.

fischer book clearly says:
"PARENT CANNOT REFUSE LIFE THREATENING TREATMENT FOR THEIR CHILD BASED ON RELIGIOS BELIEFS"
THE STATE HAS AN INTERST IN THE WELFARE OF THE CHILD THAT EXCEEDS THE PARENTAL RIGHT TO DENY THERAPY FOR THE CHILD IF THE CHILD MIGHT DIE.

(ill stick to fischer and uw and will not make my own ethical desicions in examSmileSmile
urw jorj.
I agree with you, I will stick with that too, even though I asked a lawyer about that case specifically and he said that in real life, you can get a court order immediately by a telephone call and that is what all doctors do in these situations. No one wants to get sewed in th USA !!
Junaid, if you don't mind, can u please send me conrad qs ?

jorj_1979

Thanks
jorj sorry i dont have the link i bought that book from amazon for my step1 and had no problem with ethic qs at that time,very good and easy to read,can be read in one or two days.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »