Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am a looser. I will quit medicine. - nucleusruber
hellousa i agree and i m doing the same that i keep saying to myself i will match i will match and this works it keeps my tension away
study medicine is for save life, that is true,

but if you are not allowed to act as a doctor when you are a doctor?
bingo!! thats what I mean. Its not about geography, its about the purpose to be a physician. I hate this race of USMLE and MD. We all should be healers not investors.
Then you are in a wrong place to be honest. Change the job! How about that Wink
Hey, Mr nucleusrubber.... Do not get dishearted. Of course you can do it... Maybe you need only some advices to boos your CV and LOR... There are many ways to do that. I am very thankful with this country because it is fair.... You can get wherever you want just thinking positively and following some hints...

If you want to hear some of them, just let me know.... melena_393 @ hotmail.com
I came from very poor country. Our goverment is military. I have trained in military but i dont want to. My english is not good. last year i didnt match. but this year i try all my best and i got some positive respond also i am very old graduate. dont gave up. every thing you got bad or good is your experiance. It will help you.
nucleusruber,

Do you want some cheese to go with that "whine"?

Stop complaining man/woman. No insult meant -- but what do you want members of this forum to do? Stroke oyur ego a little bit just so you feel better? Don't take your frustration out on your country or anyone/anything else.

Pray for the best and if it doesn't work out, keep fighting.........you already took a committed step when you studied medicine. Residency must not be in this country. If it entirely seems impossible to get it here, then start looking for other options like Australia. People are training there and are no less happy than those who train here.

Shit happens my man...........................and shit goes too!
You should quit, being a doctor is about being happy if you are not happy then quit! be a man and stop crying and do something about it.
There are many different ways to be happy, and that my friend is the ultimate gold in life, cause there is no heaven and there is no hell only this life...... and god won't help you cause he doesn't exist so help yourself mate, starting today think what can make you happy and persue your dreams.

Good luck
QUITTING IS NOT EQUIVALENT TO LOOSING, YOU MIGHT BE ACTUALLY WINNING. THEIR'S A LOT OF PROFESSION IN WHICH YOU CAN FIND YOURSELF AT SERVICE TO HUMANITY ESPECIALLY IN REGARDS TO THE HEALTH ASPECT, NURSING IS NUMBER ONE AND DOING PHARMACY IS NUMBER 2. SALARY AND COMFORT IN LIFE IS MUCH BETTER TOO. LISTEN TO YOURSELF AND THE CIRCUMSTANCE YOURE IN.
A surgeon is a surgeon.. always proud of the skill that only a surgeon can do..

it doesnt matter if s/he is practicing in manhattan or a jungle in equador.. surgeon is still saving lives by his talent and skill.. so rejoice urself in doing what very few ppl in the world can do..

gl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »