Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Canadian citizens applying for J1 visa? - malvika
Thanks lilla the link is very helpful Smile

One Q : if a Canadian finish Fam med in US and get the LMCC can she/he practice in Canada ? In an other word do we have to take Canadian board exam in addition to American ?
A Canadian permanent resident matched in a FM program .
hi malvika...congrats...and good luck on ur mccee...ace it

well, gunn,or anyone else...I am a PR, indian origin, matched, have not taken the MCCEE...and dont plan to either..since its too late for that...I was wondering if we can get the statement of need from India???even though our place of last legal resident is not India??

and then , finally can we apply for the j1 visa from canada??
Thanks med2004!To the best of my knowledge, u cannot get the statement of need from India as u already are a permanent resident of Canada. Doing that will be a violation with serious consequences.Your best bet would be to give the MCCEE ASAP{u would have to pay the fine as uprobably missed the deadline}and go from there.You definitely need the MCCEE for the J1--there is no way around it.Wish u lots of luck!
I hav canadian PR and i match in fm.......need J1
New applications: Proof of current residence is required in the form
of two pieces of proof of residence.
Extensions: Must have been shown proof of residence in Ontario
at the time of the initial application.

9. Evidence of provincial residence
Provide a photocopy (both sides) of your provincial Driver's Licence and
one other government-issued document that bears your current address as
evidence of current residence in that province.

Proof of residency in Ontario is demonstrated by providing a copy of the
following:
(1) An Ontario Driver's Licence issued at least three months before
the date of application; and
(2) One document displaying your name and principal and permanent
Ontario address from List 2 (Proof of Residency) of the Ontario
Health Coverage Document List with personal financial information
blocked out.
http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/f...998E-82~1/$File/9998-82E_.pdf

Program Administrator, Statement of Need / J1 Visa Program
Health Human Resource Strategies Division
Health Care Policy Directorate
Strategic Policy Branch, HEALTH CANADA
Address Locator 1918C, Tunney's Pasture, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1B4
Telephone: (613) 952-1912
Facsimile: (613) 948-8081
Questions to j1visa@hc-sc.gc.ca
Website www.hc-sc.gc.ca
http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hcs-sss/hhr-rhs/s...dex_e.html

Statement of Need / J-1 Visa Program
Administered by Health Canada
For medical graduates seeking postgraduate training in the United States
for training programs commencing in July 2009
List of Needed Specialties - Category B Plan for 2009
Ontario Ministry of Health and Lon g-Term Care
Ontario is supporting up to 125 successful applications in 2009, on a ˜first-come, first-served basis.
110 Statements of Need in RCPSC specialties and Family Medicine
15 Statements of Need in most RCPSC sub-specialties and Family Medicine Fellowships
Statements of Need will be issued across specialties and most sub-specialties and Family Medicine, until the number of
successful applications approaches the limit of 125 w hen priority will be given to the following specialties.
Anesthesia
Critical Care Medicine
Diagnostic Radiology
Emergency Medicine
Family Medicine
General Surgery
Geriatric Medicine
Internal Medicine
Laboratory Medicine
Medical Oncology
Obstetrics and Gynecology
Orthopedic Surgery
Pediatrics
Pathology (Anatomical, General)
Psychiatry
Radiation Oncology
Rheum atology
Vascular Surgery
Proof of residency in Ontario is demonstrated by providing a copy of the following:
(1) An Ontario Driver's Licence issued at least three months before the date of application; and
(2) One document displaying your name and principal and permanent Ontario address from List 2 (Proof of Residency)
of the O ntario H ealth Coverage Document List, with personal financial inform ation blocked out.
http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/f...998E-82~1/$File/9998-82E_.pdf
Family Medicine Fellowships. Ontario is supporting family medicine fellowships in one of the following areas only:
Anesthesia, rural family medicine, general surgery, geriatrics, and obstetrics and gynecology.
Ontario may support certain sub-specialties* for which examinations are being offered as of 2008, but each application
will require provincial review.
*Clinical Pharmacology, Colorectal Surgery, Developm ental Pediatrics, General Surgical Oncology,
Gynecologic Oncology, Gynecologic Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility, Maternal-Fetal
Medicine , N eonatal-Perinatal Medicine, N euroradiology, Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Pediatric
Radiology, Transfusion Medicine.
Pediatric sub-specialties will be considered on a case-by-case basis only.
Health Canada informs Ontario of Category B applicants seeking specialty and sub-specialty training for tracking
purposes. For additional information on support for the above medical specialties and sub-specialties, please contact:
Ms. Teresa C heung, Program Officer, Physician Planning Unit
Health Human Resources Policy Branch
Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
56 Wellesley St. West, 12th Floor, Toronto ON M5S 2S3
Tel: 416-327-8339 Fax: 416-327-0167
Email: teresa.cheung@ontario.ca
For information on recruitment to areas of need in Ontario, please contact HealthForceOntario Marketing and
Recruitm ent A gency. http://www.healthforceontario.ca
hi med2004.........i remember 1 guy who has same situation as yours...........but it was 6-7 years back........he matched but he was not aware of giving mccee.......he got letter of need from india but he returned his PR card to canadian government
hey malvika.........do we hav to wait for letter of need for next step to get J1 visa or other things goes side by side
hi vicasdfghjkl,
yes-letter of need is the first step.Once u get that, u start the visa processing thru your GME office at the hospital where u matched.
thank u malvika nd vicasfghjkl for ur replies...I have applied for mccee...but the only dates available are in MAY...and thats not feasible...since I wont be able to get my J1 on time then....

yes, vicasfghjkl, I have heard abt people doing that...but do we have to return my PR card???
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »