Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psychiatry 2010 aspirants..lets gather once more - rkg9
thanks to Maheresha..
Hi/....Dr.salvator....can u pls tell what do u mean by primary care level of exp in psch in home country...i worked in a multispecialty hospital in home country and ..i dont know if it was a primary care...so can u clarify on that.
my score are high enough to go for surgery and ob but the lifestyles suck. you will be mostly in hospital as resident and attending. most of your money will go to malpractice insurance. so i chose psychiatry. a field with more humanity, great life style. you work 40hrs/wk and make more money than internist working 60hrs/wk.
go for what you like to do. do not do it because other people said it is hard and it is cool that you can get in.
how many months/weeks (average)of US experience are psychiatry programs asking for?
Hi indiandoc2006,

In my country there is only one psychiatric hospital. The nujmber of psychiatrists is 17 for the whole country. And they all work in the capital city.All other hospitals have psychiatry clinics operated by nurses and general practitioners. While taking other clinical responsibilities some interested general pratitioners see psychiatric cases on weekly or twice weekly basis. What I meant by primary care set up was to explain the fact that there was no psychiatry department and psychiatists in the hospital but I managed a lot of psychiatic cases with in my capacity.
1997 grad
Step1:awaiting result
step2ck:252/99
step2cs: pass
[both 1st attempt]
step3: wiiliing to take by Jan2010
canadian citizen, goal is to get H1B
IMG.
worked as GP.
willing to apply FM,IM,Psych [ psych preferred>IM>FM]
Hi everyone,

Will need majopr advice and help.

Step 1 passed, barely.
Step 2 CS pass
Step 2 Ck 95

Step 3, hopefully soon, still studying.

2003 grad. been struggling to earn money, support my family and do these exams. I am a Canadian citizen.

What are my chances?
What should I do?
Where can I get US experience.
Please do advise me, I am really lost.
my score is 87,79,cs pass all in first attempt,6 months externship on psych,us citizen.
any chance to get interview? any advice will be highly appreciating.
pallabi1804
For all of you Psych Aspirants...from my previous year experience...
If you don't have Step 3 result before the rank order list deadline...you have no luck....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »