Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please urgent help to ur old sist! - dagmara1
thank you so much again! i didnt do post graduation actually! i mean i was not family doc. i was just general doctor.
thankyou so much maharesha! it is only bcs that i am very much wanting to study IM!
Thank you so much again kurudev! I was not family doc actually i was just general doc!
Your scores are pretty good and will work in your favor.

The main downside is having graduated 10 years ago.

Programs have cut offs they stick to for example only candidates that graduated less than 5 years ago from medical school will be considered. But, there is always an exception to every rule.

A good strategy will get you a spot. Having been in General practice for the past 8 years plus is a lot of experience you bring to the table.

Your strategy should include:-

- Applying to internal medicine, Family practice and pediatric programs

- Concentrating on IMG friendly hospitals and community hospitals

- Utilizing your network. Call on every friend, colleague or tribesman or woman you know connected with a hospital. Find out what assistance they can provide. Do NOT be shy about this.

- Call all program coordinators at the programs you intend to apply to and start by asking them what there requirements are. I know it™s on their website, but you have to connect with somebody. Use some emotional intelligence. Now is a good time to start.

- Write a compelling personal statement. Elaborate on your strengths and briefly touch on your weaknesses as stepping stones. Make sure it is proof read by two or more people.

- Use your network to find an observership to get some US experience if you haven™t done so already.

- Endeavor to get a letter of recommendation from your experience

Getting a position has gotten very competitive. Utilize all the contacts you have and build new ones. Being PROACTIVE will make a huge difference in getting yourself a spot.

I hope this helps

www.scramblemd.com
Kurudev i wish u the best! i am still waiting to hear from you!
Your scores are pretty good and will work in your favor.

The main downside is having graduated 10 years ago.

Some programs have cut offs they stick to for example only candidates that graduated less than 5 years ago from medical school will be considered. But, there is always an exception to every rule.

A good strategy will get you a spot. Having been in General practice for the past 8 years plus, is a lot of experience you bring to the table.

Your strategy should include:-

- Applying to internal medicine, Family practice and pediatric programs

- Concentrating on IMG friendly hospitals and community hospitals

- Utilizing your network. Call on every friend, colleague or tribesman or woman you know connected with a hospital. Find out what assistance they can provide. Do NOT be shy about this.

- Call all program coordinators at the programs you intend to apply to and start by asking them what there requirements are. I know it™s on their website, but you have to connect with somebody. Use some emotional intelligence. Now is a good time to start.

- Write a compelling personal statement. Elaborate on your strengths and briefly touch on your weaknesses as stepping stones. Make sure it is proof read by two or more people.

- Use your network to find an observership to get some US experience if you haven™t done so already.

- Endeavor to get a letter of recommendation from your experience

Getting a residency position has gotten very competitive over the years. Utilize all the contacts you have and build new ones. Being PROACTIVE will make a huge difference in getting you a spot.

I hope this helps
www.scramblemd.com

please more suggestions!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »