Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
so depressed after NBME 3 ...please help - somebody
i was studying on and off for this exam for the past 9 month,i am not confident of the way of my study, this is why i took nbme to see how im going so far. i want to know if can get above this score and get 99 becuz i am IMG and in the US i have been told img must be superman to get into residency in good program. dont be cruel on me
i dont have friends with me to tell me how u evaluate urself. i thought here people would help
dude,

If I were you I would take the test tomorrow with a 500 in NBME..so please stop crying for nothing or I will have to delete your post Smile
UNDERSTAND PEOPLLLLEE I AM NOTTTTTTTTTTTTT AMERICAN ... I SWEAR TO GOD I AM NOT AMERICAN STUDENT....

You have better english all of you than me... please be compassionate.... if i went and took 93 in step 1, would i be able to get residency in a good program in the US .... please tell me
Another friend here told me look in First aid for scores and residency program, but that table is for american studetns, not international like me..
hey somebody..I am sorry but I so disturbed by your negativity that you are spreading in this fine forum that I enjoy. Maybe this will make you feel more "confident".... many of my personal IMG friends who are not very well english speakers (you write way better than they do) got 85, 88, 89, 90....and they all wanted internal medicine..and they all got it..ALL of them. So will you please do us all a favor..and lighten up and stop the "I want to kill my self bussiness" for God's sake.
thank you so much for your reply...you made me confident with these success stories...
since i dont know people who took the exam personally, i panicked in freaked out, but like you are saying, i should be doing that (its not going to improve my score thats for sure)...my ambition is general surgery (i am obsessive about surgery) but i would apply for everything, thats why - since general surgery is my ambition- i wanted a maximum score... would you tell me if an IMG wanted general surgery, how much on the exams u think he needs to stand a chance? again god bless you for your kind words
There are some states, some areas that need residents in that field. I am sure you will be fine. One of my friends did get an interview for general surgery but he declined it at the end for not wanting to change states and stay close to his family, so he accepted internal medicine. His score was 90 step 1 and 90 for step 2. I really think the area you apply has some to do with your chances. If you are not paticular about what state to live in, it shouldn't be that big of a problem. There are people out there that turn down offers because of location.
hey somebody,a good friend of mine got into general surgery wid a 89...and he was an IMG.since i am a one myself and also from a developing country i knw quite a few people like myself who got a score in their 80s and early 90s and have ended up wid good residencies.so dont worry u will do just fine.
man, i would go to alaska or wyoming to get general surgery,,,

usmlephobic and ultrakhwar, u cant imagine the sigh of relief i made when i read your kind words.....the only place where i stand a chance to continue my medical education is the US...england no chance, germany no chance, and france forget about it ....

I HOPE ALL OF US GET INTO RESIDENCIES AND START OUR OWN FAMILIES ........ I LOVE YOU ALL
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »