Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To those of you with no IV - belibi
dr belibi
It just too much marketing.we know you have a service to sell. Please we will contact you if we need you money at any cost is a killer.
belibi's is just trying to do that will make all the PCs irritate to the core

PLEASE - DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL OR CONTACT THE PROGRAM OFFICE.
Dear Residency Applicant,
This message is sent as a follow-up to the first Email sent upon receipt of your application.
We are still in the process of reviewing over 2200 ERAS applications. We will soon contact all candidates by Email about the status of application, including invitations for interviews and regrets. We request that you please refrain from contacting the program office in any way. Those that do will be removed from the potential interview list.
Other important reminders:
1. Only candidates who submitted complete applications by September 30 will be considered for review.
2. Applications that meet ALL of our minimum requirements are considered before those that do not.
3. We download from ERAS every day so it is not necessary to inform us of updates. We do not accept any updates or documents sent by mail, fax, Email, or phone.
4. Please DO NOT reply to this Email or contact the program office. Candidates who do so will be removed form the potential interview list.
Thank you,
Internal Medicine Program
Huron Hospital
the same here!!
they say the same thing or send the same unique automatic email!!! i think they knwo hwo to fight back!Sad...so wht shud be the new strategy?someone siad to go to talk to them in person!! i dont dare!! neither do i have money to take that pain!!but shud we go there???
That was just a suggestion.
Some IMg-Coach members have had a more positive response.

Here is the rationale. Programs receive thousands of applications. Chances that they don't even look at your application are high. When you call, you at least make them review your application and give you a response.

Another thing that happens is that sometimes they check your application and tell you, we are missing one letter. Then that is your opportunity to complete your file.

The third thing is that by calling, you create a communication channel. You have to believe in the process. If you have so much doubt, it is better not to call because whatever your own belief is, is what you convey when you call.

Someone mentioned that it will drive the programs crazy. Why are you araid to drive the programs crazy? You have zero IVs and people are not even reviewing your application.
Why do you care not to drive people crazy. This is about your future and you need to make something happen. What worse can happen to you?

Americans like gutty people.

Dr. Belibi
maybe both views are right. Don't call if the program is still reviewing applications. If if you know that the program has already sent out invites and rejections, maybe you could call, but even in this case, you risk to be taken off the "waiting list" if you have been put on one...
i guess common sense has to be in play. I am not sending anyone to call even if they already received some response.

I am asking to follow-up if you never did. You can evaluate the situation on a case by case basis and make the determination whether calling is appropriate depending on the situation.

e-mailing may be better for some. If that is the case shoot a nice e-mail rather than calling.

The idea is to try to remain proactive. i posted an ex of someone who was successful e-mailing the programs.

Obviously, there is no garantee that any of this works.

I have seen positive stories with follow-ups that is why I believe in it, but again some have not succeeded using this method.

I believe everybody on this forum is smart enough to know what is the right thing to do.

My jon is just to throw in some ideas that could be modified and be used for the success of all.

Make it a great day.

Dr. Belibi
to this i agree COMPLETELY with DR belibi......there is abosutely nothin to loose at this point...... if u call u might just get an invitation and if they dont give u the least they can do is drop the phone thats all....... there is a slim chance .. but i guess thats all what one might need.. i called a program tpday and they pulled my apllication discussed it with me and told me y i didnt meet their criteria , atleast i know... if u dont call u just keep waitin ... u have everythin to loose... that slim chance
thanks Dr. Belibi, appreciate for your guidance.
I am always for being PROACTIVE, but we should also know how to follow the rules as well. I think you will do more harm than good quite honestly. Wait until after october if you feel you should call. GL to everyone
I am always for being PROACTIVE, but we should also know how to follow the rules as well. I think you will do more harm than good quite honestly. Wait until after october if you feel you should call. GL to everyone
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »