Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@immortalkhs - tacrolimus
Congratulations immortalkhs !! This is not luck, you deserve it. You are 2008 graduate and you finished the USMLE with good scores within a short period of time, which proves how determined you are. You are the perfect applicant for most programs. Maybe you are lucky only in the GC thing, but I believe that even if you need visa your IVs wouldn't havee been much less. Good luck in your future.

Well, this is a rejection letter to cancel IVs. I found it in AMG forums so i thought you might need to use it. If it happened that you rejected any PD, you will be the first IMG to do that. You are our hero now !!!!!!!!!!

"I am sincerely honored by your invitation to interview at your residency program. Although I had a strong interest in your program and wished I could interview, financial constraints (combined with a large volume of residency programs to interview at) have forced me to rethink my personal selection criteria. Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it to your insititution and hope that my open seat will allow other qualified applicants to interview at your program. Thank you again, I wish you a succsesful match season."

I really hope I can reject PDs, but ???? ...................I am sure you can guess why I can't do that Smile

even i highly appreciate the fact that immortalkhs is very excellent candidate, but i have to disagree with cefepime about the GC that has to do alot with ivs, i have same kind of scores,2007 grad, 2 years of posdoc in US, more than 10 publications but just 5 ivs (applied for 140). hey immortal please accept my congratulations and i wish you the best.
@ crazymatch

I do agree that GC is helpful, but the fact that immortalkhs have EVERYTHING they like is what makes him/her an exceptional candidate. The 3 main selection criteria this year are:

1- Year of graduation (especially within 2 years)
2- Excellent Scores
3- Doesn't need visa

It is very rare that any IMG would have the 3 of them.
Hi immortalkhs
i think i met you at st john in michigan. congrats you are rock. can i have your contact email if possible. thanks
immortalkhs are you the hoping99 in step 1 forum? a guy from jordan knew everything in step 1 with unbelievable knowledge, and i am still grateful to his help in solving lot's of qs i posted then..GL.
@cefepime,
thank u a lot my friend, i hope that we all we'll get matched this year no matter how many ivs we get...inshala.

about rejection letter,, here is mine which i wrote it to one of the PD:

Dear Program Director,

This is xyz, AAMC ID 1********.

It is my honor to be invited for an interview for an Internal Medicine residency catigorical position at the xyz, and I would like to thank you for giving me this great chance.

Due to some family issues, I am sorry to inform you that I won't be able to attend the interview, I feel so bad that I lost this great chance, but its something out of my hands!

I am sorry again, and thank you very much for understanding.

Sincerely yours,
xyz.

@ crazymatch,, thank you alot man, and i agree with u that part of it has to do with luck.

@usmlefighter82,, wats ur name? ya,, maybe we had met..

@medicalstudent, thnx alot, but i wasn't hopping99.

thank u alot guys, and if u have any Qs i'm ready..

good luck for all.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »