Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those who failed before - justmeoriginal
Hello Justme,

Email me if you wish I think I can help you, if you need help. I am not a seller btw but i am a watcher of this forum and i know you have been here for a while, i would like to help. Smile

Mitoqxo

Mito
Cue and Ination, thank you both for your comments and support. By now we all know that USMLE is not about memorization but integration. And how can we integrate is we do not understand each and evey part of this amazing machine.

Cue, I am focusing on MM and am reading the main diseases, the ones that needs understanding versus just key phrases. SO agian thanks for your input. Smile

Ination, as I wrote in my previous comments I did take ccssa and yes it is closest you can get to the real exam. The thing is when I took ccssa at home, not timed, I got 420 at my best. So taking into consideration the stress of sitting in the real exam and under time stress, I must have known that my score is too borfer line to depend on. Well, thanks to you for the encouraging words. GL to you too. Smile

Mito, I will write to you. Thanks for caring. Smile
Hi Justmeoriginal............I am sure you wll ace the exam.
one Question ur input is enlightening...what topics ( In which subjects/systems) need to be read from Merck Manual as its impossible to read whole of it. This will help a lot of people to save a lot of time.
Thanks again
Syed, we simply can not read the whole book as you mentioned and neither can we be selective of the topics. My advise is to read diseases that are sysemic, multifactorial and quite prominent in the exam. For example, SLE, Addisons, DM, Asthma...... etc. Because in these diseases is where the questions are thrown at us at so many different angles that unless we truely understand the pathophysiology of the disease we are bound to get lost. This is a personal selection. For me Endocrine and GU topics are less understood, so I tend to read more on those.

What I do is that, I wil do a timed UW 46Q exam. Then I go over ALL the question, wrong or right. Then I read Merck on the topic that I feel I got lost in my reasoning. Hope this helps. Smile
Hi I read your posts on usmle forum and I just found out that I failed step and I do not know what to do. I used Kaplan review lectures and q bank but it was not much of a help. I have started to study again but I seem to be getting the same scores as last time and I am deflated. I start my residency in about a month I have to take this exam before I start do you have any advice. I had looked into doing a review course but none fit my schedule and I wont buy material from anyone on these sites because I have been burned in the past. If any of you have any insight please let me know
how do i get ahold nbme and kaplan stuff? i am a newcomer to this forum and am starting to prepare for step 2. how long do u think i should prepare?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »