Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why No Interviews? - instant_cure
Hi instant_cure
You have 2 IVs. Thats better than none. Stick it out to the end of this month. the way this application process works is first come and first served. Even I was getting 2nd thoughts about applying to family med,I called a few places and though they say they are accepting applications the interview slots are already full in most of them. In other words, if you apply now to family, the only way u get IV call is when someone declines the interview invite.
Thats why I am just sticking with IM. You have decent creds, and the GC seems to be the factor that is keeping u alive (u got 2 IVs).
I also called 12 programs yesterday. got 2 voicemails, and 10 of the programs said they are in final stages of reviewing applications, and final invites will be sent in next 2-3 weeks. So if by the end of this month u still stuck with 2 IVS there is not much u can do except blast the interview and convince them u are the ONE for their program. Remember the fact they called you means they are impressed, and going in to IV someone with your scores VS someone with 99s both parties start on the same keel. Its up to you to show the PD etc that though you have lower scores you are the Real McCoy. So go into it like u have 99s on your exam and be ++++++
GL. if u wanna talk email me medclass20032003
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »