Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I got this question during an IV... - yvyhope
@meti, that was a very interesting essay. Thanks for link.
939 views - 9 replies= 930 probable SILENT members!!! ( may be less)
Some people just suck from others but never want to share!!
Anyway I Wish you all the best!!!!
now 953-9...... and the story continues....
Don't worry Guy I'll keep posting, that's my nature to share even in high competition
Ha ha ha

Good luck
Hi,
It is in psychiatry step2 ck last pages. Influence of culture on disaeses.
yet u didnt give any input on what u think is the answer to the question....
although i appreciate that u shared it with all here.
You might want to ask Dr Brian (phoenixMD). He prepped a doc last week for the same question.
recent immigrant(NO racial profiling intended)- tuberculosis, intestinal parasites
Asian Americans- diabetes incidence is more
African Americans- beta blockers not the first line drug for HTN
French paradox- high fat diet and low incidence of coronary artery disease(presumed to be because of consumption of RED wine)
they are asking about health disparities i believe.
it affects health seeking behaviour, thus late diagnosis and often fatal outcome due to late presentation.
generaly how difference in ethnicity affect disease outcome.
case in point is the "increase incidence of breast Ca in african americans which maybe attributed to their late or no mammograpghy and as such they present with more advance stages of disease.
or u can explain it by differences (disparities) in health access and as such poor neighbourhoods have lower quality of health care and such ......
u get me drift?
guys, follow this link, it's just awesome for this subject.
http://books.google.com/books?id=CT1GgunY_-IC&pg=PA105&lpg=PA105&dq=malaria+and+african+american+rase+and+G6PD&source=bl&ots=pa-w3plIO3&sig=kGZARYVsXRekwodWz0acK1OG5AM&hl=en&ei=_EYCS-rvOY7Ongf87bl5&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CAoQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=&f=false
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »