Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My journey ... yes it is finally over :) - drvirus
they gave me two copies of the contract signed by th PD and just need me to sign it and returned it back .
That's risky....consult an attorney who deals with these kind of things but do not tell the program that you are consulting your attorney....keep it to yourself.

I know a case where this happened and after withdrawal the hospital changed their mind. Never cancel interviews or withdraw until you sign the contract and have the copy with you.

GL and congrats!
luvfp,, thanks buddy!
rvirus ,,,,awesome, man, isn't it?
Withdraw from NRMP then send the paperwork/ proof of NRMP withdrawal to them. Trust the Program, they do this all the time every year. They are more afraid of applicants who say they are accepting prematch then go to the match in the last minute (then they end up scrambling a position). Residency Programs are more professional than some applicants sad to say.

Just make a copy for yourself all paperwork/email from program.

Why in the world do you want to call a lawyer? You're already acting like a typical american even before starting residency. Lawyer will just get your money and will add nothing useful.

If you don't trust the program that you are accepting prematch from, then it's probably not a worthwile program to go to.

congrats
can u tell us ur credentials?
thx
pl give ur credientials. thanks. appreciate it.
congratulations drvirus. I just took my step2 ck last week. could you please let me know how to prepare for interview. which resources to use. and guidance regarding how to present oneself the best. Thanks in advance
You have been warned! Dont cancel your ivs until you have contract in hand. And, dont withdraw until you have the contract. I know for a fact that a program dumped the candidate after he withdraw from the match.

I dont know about this program you got prematch but I would check with current residents if anyone was offered prematch and what they did. If they did have to withdraw then you might be safe enough to do the same.

I think ppl who ask why have no clue about the American corporate culture......dont worry at some point in your life here, you are bound to learn it the hard way!Smile

GL
thanx everybody .
my credentials : steps in mid 90s all first attempt , 4 mo usce , GC , 07 graduate .
for iv preparation there are hundreds of free resources in the net u can use to know the common questions and to prepare your answers , DON'T buy any book for preparation coz they are USLESS and u will just waste your money .
again during the iv be yourself and ask only the questions that you want to know , be formal with the faculty and casual with the residents . I think the worst think in the iv is to keep asking usless questions . just relax and be normal .
almost all the ivs are the same and after the first iv you will be well prepared and less anxious .
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »