Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
this is very important....LETS BE HONEST - gdeepa
that is not true
gdeepa: how did the interveiw go? Did you get any thank you letters or ranking email?

I serioulsy cannot pinpoint why anyone wouldn't want a 99er? I have seen on several forums that people with similar credentials have been offered pre-match mostly.

Do you have any attempts on these steps?

I will be dammed if i can give you an answer to your query!!! BEATS ME
Coz if you were good at IVs- U would have been offered a pre match.
Maybe it was not meant to be.
But anyway I am sure u did a number of great things in the last year and worked on ur CV.
U have higher chances of matching this year.
Good luck!
I am pretty much on the same page as docmd09
Thank you vs2010
Did you apply to H1B programs only?
How many interviews did you have? Did you rank all programs?
Personal Statement- Did it show your strong interest in FM specifically? If FM program director suspects that ur not serious abt FM and will really jump ship to IM or other specialty at first opportunity they will not rank you.
Interview related: Check your personality traits with someone who knows you well, will give you an honest answer and whose opinion you can trust. You may have a great personality but not the FM type. You shud look into what they are looking for in FM applicants.
Did you read your letters? If some negative statement is in LOR or LOR's are forged/falsified you will be seen as dishonest. Believe me, honesty is BIG and very important in US.
I know a friend who did not match with double 99 and residency from home country, no gaps. But, she applied and interviewed in a surgical specialty and ranked only Univ programs in her ROL. She hopes to match this yr. Another double 99er did not match last yr in a surgical specialty and is interviewing this yr, But he did not have his ECFMG certificate in time for last yr's match.
FM should be cakewalk with double 99 unless you have applied to all the wrong places or some other point in LOR/SOP/Personality.
Sorry to hear that, I hope this year you will match. You have to do observership and get at least one US LOR. Also you have to apply to the IMG friendly programs.
I agree with Vickey. I have noticed that 99ers only want University programs. Now pls don't get me wrong. You guys deserve it (without any doubt) because getting a 99 is no joke. However, you have to be realistic. If your priority is to match, then pls rank community programs as well. Do not be picky. Just go with a community program as well. Once you have some experience under your belt, then you can go ahead and apply for university program (next year).

Also deepa, make sure you try to evaluate what vickey said: I think she is right on the money about those questions.

i am really surprised to hear that 99ers didn't match. This is really shocking!!!.
gdeepa darling I had been missing you since 07.
finally you have surfaced.

Sample gdeepa for everyone

* OBGYN and MSPE
gdeepa - 11/02/07 08:42

There has been few obgyn ivs .......................sofar.

Are they waiting for the MSPE?

Re:OBGYN and MSPE
gdeepa - 11/02/07 11:24

yes you are right...............

I was just asking..........

I did not apply to OBGYN programs..............I just observed that not many ivs in OBGYN have been posted on this forum.

I did not apply to OBGYN because of litigations that go with it............

* Re:OBGYN and MSPE
aphrodite - 11/02/07 13:28

hey gdeepa...u prematched in OB!!! wow great!! congrats!
which state if u dont mind...

gdeepa - 11/02/07 13:53

thank you

nk6 - 11/02/07 15:59

gdeepa you wrote that you have not applied to ob/gyn you even gave the reason for this so how did you get the pre match.

IS IT A WILD CARD ENTRY LIKE IN MANY GAMES?
All of us ob/gyn aspirants really want to learn the trick so that some more can benefit

* Re:VERY RARE occurence...concerned?--gather here!
bechara - 12/04/07 00:59

gdeepa you are a sensationalizing, attention seeking failure. you got a pre match in ob/gyn without applying to ob/gyn for fear of litigation. you perhaps think you are a goddess who can conceive without sperms

* Re:VERY RARE occurence...concerned?--gather here!
bechara - 12/04/07 20:47

deepa has an orgasm everytime she tells a lie or ceates a chaotic situation

* Re:OLD IMG PASSED ALL EXAMS gather here
gdeepa - 11/08/07 09:22

80/76/pass/ all first attempt step 3 80 3rd attempt no ivs yet

* Re:OLD IMG PASSED ALL EXAMS gather here
gdeepa - 11/08/07 09:22

sorry am also 1987 grad

* Re:thank you letter from harlem hospital ctr
gdeepa - 01/28/08 16:34

mbbs4life,

Do you have a step 3?

mbbs4life - 01/28/08 16:36

Nope.

I wish I did.

Am preparing though.....................hope to write it in April.

Do U????

gdeepa - 01/28/08 16:38

No, I don't.

I am not prepared for it now. I am scared

gdeepa - 01/28/08 16:46

Well, it was smooth.

There was no room for asking for prematch. I was a bit shy asking for one.

But is it appropriate to ask for prematch?

I just answered the questions I was asked. And one of them was why I like psychiatry.

My credentials: 86/90/pass all first attempt, over 5 years from med school and 1 year USCE

so you can all see her scores fluctuating.
if its true she must be having MULTIPOLAR DISORDER Smile)))
any treatment suggestions????
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »