Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freaking out... - jollyy
Hi Jolly Thank you for sharing your experience. I have questions for you. Pictures from Goljan R R are good enough for patho? Kaplan lecture note anatomy is good enough for anatomy and neuroscience? you will get a high 99.
hi jolly:
can u tell us about preparatory materials pls?
thx
Thanks...
@drock: yes ANS pharm questions were the graph ones.I think FA and uworld covers most of the pharm.So FA is the must..

@neverget99: Yes pictures from RR are good enough but i had gone through lots of images form webpath too before exam.So i would suggest to see as many pictures as u can cause they asked few picture based stuffs without stem hint.For anatomy and neuroscience too,go through ct scans and mri..They ask lots of these stuffs,but if u know this u can easily identify.So no need to worry.

@b4099: My study materials were kaplan lectures,First aid,Kaplan q bank,uworld,usmlerx.
Hi Jolly,
Right now, just relax and be happy that it is done. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. You will come out with a high score. Could you please tell us what prep materials you used ?

Wonder why the Boards want to torture us more as if this is not torture enough!!
hi jollyy.....Let me ask u this....After the exam what did u say to urself regarding ...to the most important material that you have liked to read again ang again...like ..Did u say "I should have read that material........Which one FA,UWORLD or other...

thank u for ur help....
Is the usmle practice cd Qs any close to the level of difficulty you faced in the actual exam? They say the practice Qs are updated to the current pattern. Kindly answer plz.
@usmledipro: My study materials were kaplan lectures,First aid,Kaplan q bank,uworld,usmlerx.
i had done usmle practice twice before and i realised that they have updated qs at the last moment,so i skipped it as i had no time.

@yeabiruh: To be frank...After exam i felt relieved that i am done with this devil and i prayed to god to get me through this.I hardly cared what my score would be..
And yes i realised that even if i had taken extra few months for prep i would have faced same problem as the qs were so confusing.So take ur exam when u r ready cause exam is always going to be confusing.
The thing is that they don't ask always usual stuffs and if given more time for prep,we have tendency to go over same thing again and again..So i never felt i could have studied this and that.I was just wondering if i used my common sense and instinct.haha....
Hope this helps...
thanks jolly for writing down ur experience...

it sure is getting scarYSmile but v r all in it together...

wish u all the best for ur result
Hi jolly could u pls tell me wat to read in the last 2months before exam?im very scared now.Do u think UW,FA and nbme r sufficient?
hey jolly nice to hear ur done with the devil......

my exam also in 10 days......i am so upset about the new pattern.......i have struggled really hard to reach this far in this prep and again my goal seems to go far away from me......

i read all the supposedly high yield stuff and did all the qbank but when i face the nbme i realise they asking stuff which is not really in books and requires just thinking......and weird sections of brain and weird MRI which my radiology resident friend also cudnt read sometimes......

Was the new pattern exam much different from the nbme kind of ques......coz for me nbme itself is looking like a nightmare.......just cant imagine about the real test

Regarding pictures what do u suggest......i looked at the FA pictures and some goljan slides .......what exactly did u look for MRI, CT coz there are a 100 sites for them and i dont know what to exactly study in them......

Also if u dont mind can i ask ur nbme scores......thanks for ur experience and guidance once again

GL for future steps

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »