Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help me -low scores? - shalom99
I am not trying to demoralize and discourage people in this forum. This is very harsh accusation. I am trying to be objective. That™s all

Now I will tell you about my story and credentials.

Graduated in 1997 (excellent grades) did one year of internship in my country. My examinations are as follows
1999 step 1 77 first attempt
2000 step2 78 second attempt
2001 CSA (yes at the time it was called clinical skill assessment) passed from the first attempt. Unfortunately I took it in March 2001 and those how took the exam in March 2001 the exam expired and they need to take the new step2CS

Tried the 2002 and 2003 match. Only 2 IVs in psychiatry in 2002.

THEN, PEOPLE STARTED GIVING ME ADVICES SIMILAR TO WHAT YOU HEAR IN THIS FORUM.

Try to do research, try to obtain LORs, try to make connections, try to obtain GC

So I took, a research position and worked like slave for years and endured every kind of condescending comments from PhDs. I was there doing the main work and troubleshooting every problem. I was also teaching graduates and undergraduates students; a lot of them were premed. By the end of the day they are just bullying you around and they look to you as their bitch. They make condescending comments to you and behind the doors they were laughing that they had such naïve doctors who really think that the profession is about helping others not about making money. And what did I gain at the end. Absolutely nothing.

What THOSE SAME people now are telling me

ONE: Your research for 6 years IS worthless. Program directors and not looking for scientists, they are looking for good physicians. In the clinic no body care about your research. You have not seen a patient in 10 years.

TWO: LORs of no values we do not want LORs from scientist we want ones from physicians who can attest your clinical skills.

THREE: The seven years role__> oh yes please pay Kaplan and ecfmg thousands of dollars again BUT your old scores and attempts will still show up and lower your chances even more.
Do you know that the CSA exam that expired cost me about 3000$, that™s just for Kaplan course and accommodation. The fly ticket was about 2000$, and ECFMG was 1200$ and not to mention the hotel staying. I could have bought a good car and bought a house with the money I spent during this process.

What I have been doing since medical school is working on my CV only to find out that I have been working on my CV for 12 years. I could have done two more medical schools during those 12 years.

Can not you think that G-d my have better planes for you outside medicine? Can not you think that may be you are not cut to be a doctor? Why someone will pass step 3 from the first time with 99. Please do not give me this crap about professional test takers. It is simply because they are better. No more no less.

Now I keep looking in this forum because I need any sign of hope, that if I were to retake this road again, I may end up in residency program. That is why I keep telling people, if you can make it, then please please please email me at mok103 and I will make it.
Medicine wasted my life. And yes now after all this education and work, I am unemployed loser.
if you have the resources to apply do so, am in the same boat as you shalom99 but am not after externship or observership just to get step 3 done and apply every year till they'll mail me to please don't apply anymore to our program hahaha, orthoxray too got a point, the scale is upon your hand now
You guys are all wonderful. Thank so very much for every contribution. I appreciate it so much for taking your time to at least write back. It really gives me some hope reading all your comments and some were very inspiring. It's great to have people who can inspire someone when things really look hopeless. In case anyone may still have an advice for me I'll still appreciate it guys. Big thank you!
now that you are fine please don't disturb us, jokes, you decide
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »