Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USMLE CD ques - gainer84
thanxs forever
i tht it was venous valve insuff due to pressure of drill. it can also cause raynaud's syndrome.
wh did u exclude b, forever?
@sriganesh.. Actually i don't know clearly about deep vv insufficiency. I know only for superficial vv insufficiency. just now i check in wikipedia...
Usu.. occur in leg vein and CNS.

Chronic venous insufficiency or CVI is a medical condition where the veins cannot pump enough oxygen-poor blood back to the heart. (sometimes referred to as an impaired Musculovenous pump'') This is due to damaged or "incompetent" valves as may occur after deep vein thrombosis (when the disease is called postthrombotic syndrome) or phlebitis

Q mention about rt arm erythema n oedema, capillary refill is slow... i am thinking for DVT. But as you said, after DVT...valve can be damanged n cause venous insufficiency,but i don't think erythema will be there.
thnx for ever,,,,bro U r really of gr8 help in this last time
nice question...this guy has a DVT OF THE UPPER LIMB which is DVT of the axillary nerve branch of the subclavian nerve.. A
i completely agree with my friend forever CD AND E ARE IMPOSSIBLE, B IS POSSIBLE BUT A is a more specific answer.

key words here is that symptoms are effected with exertion and cappillary flow is reduced
Hi, gainer: How do U think about the USMLE CD ? I heard it is a bit easier than UW,right? People said if U get more than 80% correct, U can get 99. Best wishes and good luck!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »