Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biostatis........................................3 - ariadnac06
The confidence interval lack the "null value", this equates to finding that the P value is less than 0.05

can some1 plz explain CI lacks null value..how do we figure tht out??i understood the rest..

in cohort study RR is impotant factor if it is 1 then there is NO association between risk factor and disease and if it is more tahn 1 that means there is association between risk factor and disease.

in our study RR 1.4 that means there is association bet them

now we want to make sure that watever we observed is not just by chance ;so for that we have 2 things 95% CI and p value .
To be statistically significant CI must not contain the null value [null value is 1 here] and when CI lacks null value that means p value is less than 0.05.
In our q RR is 1.4 and 95 % CI interval is 1.02-1.85 that means p value shud be less than 0.05 and in option there is only a 0.04 which is less than 0.05..

this is my understanding ..if anyone can explain it better ?
So the key was the confidence interval? We subtract the CI to the RR? Let me see if can I find another question about coherent.. Are you going to sleep soon?
yah may be after some time ..but post the q if u find ill see tomorrow Smile
btw thanks a lot
ok I will ...good night.....
AAAAAAAA
@basicq.thnaks..plz post any other qs like this or let us knw which qbank is this frm
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »