Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please rank these pgms. - thing
Hey vikingo, thanks for your help man....

no i was not offended by you, I was just trying to tell everybody why I am asking to rank these pgms....sorry if it sounded wrong to you.
no problem man....i also wanna cancell some invitations tomorrow.....by the way, what are your credentials and to how many programs did you apply?.....I am thinking that the rate of interviews is around 20% of the total number of programs applied, I concluded that cause´ of the number of programs that some of my friends have......also this depends on your overall application, of course.....good luck for everybody......
no problem man....i also wanna cancell some invitations tomorrow.....by the way, what are your credentials and to how many programs did you apply?.....I am thinking that the rate of interviews is around 20% of the total number of programs applied, I concluded that cause´ of the number of programs that some of my friends have......also this depends on your overall application, of course.....good luck for everybody......
I applied to 95 IM pgms.
My creds are 99/96/ certified/EAD/RESEARCH( clinical cardiology)/obervership.

Vikingo i think you got calls from awesome places, what are your creds,if you dont mind sharing.
94,97,certified, need visa, usce 2 months,observerhip,research (GI)
To baron77 U conn. isn't a university in the first place.....its actually a community hospital.If you don't trust me check out Freida!
Uni. Kentucky is a low tier university program (1) and (2)its the only odd program out.Do you know where Kentucky even is.For someone to travel all the way there just for 1 interview doesn't sound logical especially if the program is not the very best nor is it financially viable.I think after this, you will retract what you said on what I 'know' and 'don't know'!

To thing to answer your other Q:Vegas....because they do not have wide variety of cases and its mostly private patients.Kaiser Oakland is OK program but from your list it carries less importance when compared to the others.

Uni. Arizona and Creighton and also Nassau are very good programs.
Thanks vrindavan, your answers have given me a wealth of information.

I have a doubt , uconn ie university of connecticut ( not the new britian one)....is it community pgm? frieda says university based.
I just checked it up....yes you're right.
I'm sorry for the misinformation then but I know 100% that the Freida version before this had clearly written Community hospital.....i guess I didn;t check it in the latest version of freida.Anyhow I doubt it you would have cancelled Uni. Conn anyway since its close to NY.....but I do apologise for my mistake.
Hey vrindavan,
You might be right about other programs (i.e. vegas). But I know pretty well the program from Kentucky (I leave 1 hour north of Lexington in Cincinnati). This is a fair size program with good exposure to diverse cases (coming from east side of Kentucky and TN). About uconn, even if it's small, if you think you want to have a chance to do a fellowship after, it's much better than a big community program (say Cook County). I am not trying to convince any body of anything here but I stand by me previous commnets! GL
Hi thing I honestly don't know much about those programs but my advice to you is to try to attend as much interviews as your budget fits. Try to squeeze your budget some more maybe you can fit in some more. I can't tell you to attend 8 or even 10 only because no one knows where your fate it is going to take you. Just try to fit in as much as possible. My theory is spend a little more better than waiting another year and going throught the process alover again. Good luck to everyone!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »