Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
July 13, 2011 Q&A session open - mleresidencytips - mleresidencytips
mostly around same time tomorrow r you can get in touch with me on the website.
good night folks, will get ready to sign out. full day of clinics tomorrow. all the best and good luck! keep working!!
And last qs.. (For todaySmile
I have an invitation from one of the good univ in New York.But it starts by december 12nd.
Actually I am planning to apply for that program
Do you think it worth to go there by december could it be help?Because I have very limited amount of moneySad

Have a good night
I am using your site often but how to contact to you.
You can write it tomorrow I just saw your last post

Thanks a lot
yes, you have to use any opportunity yoy get to show you willingness and interest. is the invitation for obs or just to see the program? in any case, you can use that opportunity to network in the department, make and impact - talk to profs, chiefs etc..money is always an issue but if you can spend some and get that experience, then go for it. but I understand the money situation..Sad been in the same boat
Yessir!
This is a position that I can work with the professor as a his observer fellow.I have to say that I have a little relationship with that dept chairman.
Hello mleresidencytips

Please give me your honest opinion.

my creds are as follows:
Step1-86(2nd attempt)
Step2-95(1st attempt)
CS-Pass(2nd attempt)
Step 3- will take soon
Degree year- March 2011
Need visa

Experience : 6 months of electives 3 University hospitals , 1month Observership at Harvard. Research since 6months at Harvard under a prominent person. In the process of publishing a clinical trial as 1st author.
1 paper presentation at national conference in Home country.

All my experiences are in internal medicine.

What are my chances for matching? And what kind of programs should i apply for? Because I feel its difficult for anyone to get into university programs and it may be difficult for me to get into community programs since they screen us by scores.
hi Mleresidencytips-
my creds
yog: 2000 IMG
US citizen
ecfmg certified w step 1: 77, step 2 79, cs pass,(all with attempts) step 3 yet to take
usce: preceptorship, observership( 4 weeks), research assistant
about 3 US LORs
my chances in psych or FM or anesthesia?
i may get an opportunity to work as a research assistnat in psych, should i go for that or go for observer in psych, as my main focus on application will be psych
how many programs to apply for, what are good sources for psych prog and fM
thanks for your help and guidance
hello all,
and hi to vandam and mmd22, please see the answers to your questions on the thread for today. I am closing this this thread.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »