Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only 2 IVs - How is it possible`?? - curvydoc
You should apply to New Jersey programs as well: you only need to cross the river to be in NY
@curvydoc- u should apply widely now! its not too late! may be 150 or so! u can always go for residency swap in future to change u r location
how it is possible to think you will get a SHOWER of iv if you only applied in NYC? ARE YOU NUTS? First of all, you are not the only one with tripe 99, there are thousands of applicants with your same credentials applying in nyc, THOUSANDS!

in nyc there are just 2 types of programs: FIRST: top notch like cumc, nyp or nyu, where you have ZERO possibilities, just bc you are IMG.
SECOND TYPE: REALLY SHITTY hospitals, really nobody wants to end up there,, and wwith your credentials , they think you are TOO GOOD for themi, so they assume they are just BACKUP programs for you, so they dont even send you IV's for that.

you screwed yourself applying like you did. not a smart move
sheelamd:
Thanks for your supportWink

My Q is if the "shower of interviews" in October has started yet.
Regarding the 'shower': it hasnt started yet, expected to do so in the last week of Oct or first couple of weeeks of November.
Hold tight.
my sincere advice is apply more atleast in the tristates..better if u aplly all over the east coast. as an IMG, it is btetr to do ur residency anywhere in USA rather being unmatched. If you get it in NY..that woule be awesome. But, dont try for luck.
one of my frnd doing her reidency in NY and her husband lives in Missouri..3yrs will pass away like this..
I have GC and have 2 IV in NY where I should have more ....I think it means that you ned to apply not to just NY but to all East Coast.

Most IMGs applying to NY and most IMGs applying to NY and need visa....I want to say that due to these reasons NY is getting competitive to some extend.
So the shower is yet to come! Good to hear.

I will apply to CT and NJ too, those are the other states in the Tristate area, no? Hope it is not too late....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »