Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
seeking study partner long island, ny - depressed402
I live in long island, NY.....i am interested to .....my id is rohan110883......inbox me...
Shinerock,

What time you study in Hofstra Library, i am interested in it, how to contact all of you?
hello ydeng,

i don't study at hofstra - i actually didn;t realize "everyone" studies there.
I can do 9:30am-3:00pm (depending on where we are), and then 5pm-whatever time.
Weekends are no problem.

i come to long island often.... but to visit buddies [ around hofstra and old westbury ] but if theres a decent study group i wouldnt mind joining.... ive placed my email out there we can make a group email and circulate it for a time and place for a specific topic that we all should b given in advance and than we can educate each other .... once again my email is XPERTZEN@YAHOO.COM and im available almost anytime to study =D

a decent study group shouldnt b more than 5 people cuz then it becomes hectic.... i'd prefer 3-4 and then pick a topic thats related to a concept not facts.... so [ex. why something happens and how it happens.... how antabuse causes patients to quit alcohol?] and then that person thats given the topic can explain us and etc etc ......
p.s id discuss questions after u understand the material..... i wouldnt keep doing questions if i have no prior knowledge about the subject.... waste of time PEOPLE READ FIRST!!!!!
Yes the Hofstra library has ten floors ....and you can often find people sitting with medical books everywhere!!....I usually sit on the 2nd floor.....and sometimes on the tenth floor..I am going through hell with this prep myself!!...I am still in first reading with DVDs and plan to give this test by december or january at the most becoz i want to apply next year!!....I really dont have time for study partner becoz I have to seat myself down somehow and listen to the dvds all day!!....However when I start usmleworld we could discuss questions together....I dunno what I will doo...This test is making me more frustrated day by day!!....my email is swatirocks ....

Just come to library and start studying....Sometimes just knowing that the person sitting next to you is studying for this test helps emotionally!!....right now I am running out of time...
hey shinerock....
im in my first reading too with kaplan 3 hours a day video and then dit 3 hours a day with the correlated subject from kaplan.... so for example if i do kaplan biochem glycolysis ill do dit glycolysis and make all my notes in FA so thats a total of 6 hours and ive already subscribed to uworld for 6 months and im doing that for 2 hours 15 questions tutor mode related to the subjects from kaplan and dit ..... making it 8 hours a day and then the rest of the day i relax and chill.... trying to play with the diseases and drugs i memorized so its not bad at all..... i start 10 am and finish by 6.... like a part time job..... dont kill yourself i plan on taken it by jan - feb latest..... get on UWORLD!! asap.... and ur right im currently studying at brooklyn public library with like 9 other med students .... so once again if u guys wana meet at hofstra ... it has to b a set date and time.... maybe a bit closer than hofstra ?? like queens or something and people should b advised on the topics so they come prepared....
zen...so i shud start usmleworld with first reading itself??...and do it subjectwise?
absolutely start Uworld!!!

i broke my studying down into 2 sections....
in this order :
1- biochemistry
2- genetics
3- immunology
4- microbiology
5- general pharmacology [ theraputic index and etc the first chapter of kaplan ]
6- general pathology [ first 6 chapters before organ systems in goljan*** RR 3rd edition ]

section 2 similar to FA format: ANATOMY> PHYSIOLOGY > PATHOLOGY > PHARMACOLOGY of these organ systems 1 week for each so should take 2 months:
1- cvs
2- endocrine
3- respiratory
4- cns
5- git
6- heme/onc
7- musculo
8 - renal
9- reproductive should take u about 3 days.....

repeat all this with U WORLD KAPLAN AND DIT daily!!!! remember medicine is pure memorization with understanding concepts..... if u have to do it every day for it to b stored in ur long term memory.... NEVER CHANGE PLAN but u can adjust ur schedule.....
if u have further questions u can email me.... as well or specific concept ... honestly im on my first reading and just finishing up general pharm but that doesnt mean i dont kno my section two material as ive studied a bit in med school lol.... gluck!
Yikes u r doing in a completely different way than me...I am doing subjectwise from kaplan...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »