Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
share IV experience in Lutherian Medical Center - usmleresidencymatch
one more thing @-bb007- how did u find the place..? did u accept the prematch..? if not, could u pls tell us why?
@bb007: Thank you so much and its really informative. Did you accept prematch there too ?
hey guys,,, so no, i didnt have my step three results... and jan 2nd week, well if they still conducting the interviws till then, they must have SOME spots left right....but statistically, there r prob fewer seats by then....
for a comm prog in NY i actually found it was pretty good. i went to other NY comm programs, and this seemed to me to be the best of them. the hosp is pretty crisp and nice, the chair helps alot with fellowship placements, they have mandatory research as well as away electives.
the reason i did not accept the pre match was many fold... first of all, i am not bound to NY, as i know a lot of ppl who wish to be in that area... NY programs are veryyy notorious for working their residents really hard and that is true in lutheran too. some ppl thrive on that and love it. i am def not one of those. secondly, i have some more interviews at uni-affiliated or uni places outside of NY, and i want to take a shot at those.
so i guess in the end, what everyone needs to think about is what THEY want and which program would be a better fit for their desires. i understand this is a tough road and leaving pre matches nowadays is a huge risk. so if anyone wants to be in NY, does not mind hard work, long hours, working in a so-so secure area but in a good hospital with helpful, teaching staff... then lutheran seemed like the better option out of other NY comm programs....
again i am no expert, n trust tht u guys will evaluate the place on your own when you visit Smile good luck to all
@bb007 - You have been most helpfull..thanks a lot for your views..Good luck to you too...
@bboo7- Sorry to bother you again...if u dont mind cud you pls share ur creds, just so as the rest of us get an idea bout wat they are looking for, to offer one a prematch apart from I/v skills...
@abb007: Thank you so much for information !!!
thats ok... 240/250 CS pass, US citizen, some research experience, USCE 4mo
@ bb007: Do they send itinerary of IV after their first e-mail or not? I am also having IV at 2nd wk of Jan. Because I have not hear anything. Did you receive any e-mail abut interview Day? If you received , how many days before you received it? Thanks !!!
heard from a friend who i/ved recently that they hv given almost 20 PM and 3 seats go into match..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »