Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Match Success if ranked on top 3X(no of spots)?? - kenny01
@satyayit_k_md Thanks! My question was is there a chance of matching into a program if they rank me at 30 and they have just 2 positions left? The only thing comforting me is that the program is not so good and hence would not be preferred by most. Does last position matched goes so far in the list of even weaker programs that someone ranked 30 has a chance of matching there.
your thinking is the same as the others that got an interview there too, its a crappy program so maybe others won't like it and rank it low so that i can get in. Trust me, many people think like you too, we are all looking for a spot and are willing to take anything just to get a leg into the system. Stop over analyzing this match process, pray, wait and hope for the best that we match, if not, life goes on and maybe it just wasn't our year but hopefully, it is.
@hmedicine - yes depending on the scenario as "ijustgottamatch" explained..... "..so even a rank of 30 might, 'might' get u a position there...provided 28 guys ahead of u matched to 'more preffered' pgms."

So bottom line, if any program ranks you, you have a % chance of matching there. That % increases depending on how high you are on the program's rank list.
The candidate's ROL list is just a preference and does not mean we will go unmatched if we don't make the ROL a certain way.
I think its a waste of time to discuss about this....since u never knw whr thy ranked u or if thy ranked u....and commonsense dictates anything is possible....if u need specifics there are no stats on ur question as that information is confidential
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »