Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
citation order by medical board of california - ezzah2012
I am so sorry to hear about this ezzah..
this happened with my cousin also last yr. That time they just warned the medical center and doctor..
Did you use the LOR for california letter PTAL or just wrote it on ERAS
What else did you mention in your externship experience? Externship is illegal in CA. You had to call it observership.
@ezzah,
Don't panic, Take a deep breath. You can always negotiate.
I beleive you have mentioned that in your activity statement. You can email tham and clarify that you haven't done that (If you haven't done it). maybe you had a supervisor there and you have done interpretation for that person as a part of your externship. but you can mention that the final interpretation hasn't been done by you.(ofcourse if it's true)

Good Luck.
huhh thank you so much for ur replies esp @ kompete......, yes i ll definitely try to negotiate...but damn they got my LOR from Eras....the words externship and lab interpretation is only in LOR..not in California letter documents...ohhh or may be some hospital where i applied in california sent my LOR of externship to board...anyways whatever happened is soo bad...guys plz do pray for me..thanx
was ur externship in CA. I heard if u have done externship outside of CA you can negotiate. When exactly did u get ur PTAL?
we will pray for you. Have FAITH in GOD. He will get you out of any trouble. keep praying. you got our prayers.
This is so unfair.....PDs demand hands-on exp and hands-on is illegal. What do IMGs do thn??
I will pray for you Dr. ezzah, but I was surprised with that we can not even do lab interpretation.
Clinical research need to do lab interpretation, right?
Is not illegal as long as your name is not in the labs or imaging reports..and as somebody said, you were surpervised...
wht the hell? i cant believe ..so cruel...
but relax!!! take it easy dude....to me,and as far as i see...u have done nothing illigal...dont accept the crap u have not done!!! it depends on wht happened..but couple of suggestions :
1- as some said well, say like u were not the final decision maker. ur supervisor was the one who had the license and was the one who was making the final decision.
2- u may share it with ur supervis to make sure u r at the same page and he/she agree with it.
3-if u agree with such...i think u r going to mess dat supervis or whoever allowed u to do so in trouble big time! so dont turn it to a big mess!
4-tell them u were simple and out of ignorancy made such error on ur application ...while u really didnt realize it! say like u were actually doing observe or as i said in 1 and 2 ! u had a supervisor who was making the fianl decision ...but was making sure to give u liberty to excercise ur med knowledge and that was how he or she evaluated u to give u a lor or else!
gl!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »