Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i have some questions about the "PTAL" - ebrahemmh
...back to your Qs:

You will also need L5 form, which is the biggest pain in a neck...depending on med school.
This form is about certain amount of required weeks for certain rotations.

If you wont have this form it will take a lot of time for PTAL to be issued. Some med schools, if you wont bother them will take months to fill out this form, some-dont even know how to do it. CMB works very fast when they have all documents that they need.

Sometimes, if you grad a while ago they might ask you to explain what did you do after graduation. It is not a bid deal, and should be answered in free writing style, they do not care about your CV, honors and awards and it is not required to do anything after graduation, you can even simply say that you were studying USMLEs.
PTAL is just a formal letter with the same words for everyone.

There is should be check list on their web in PDF (together with instruction).

yes residency or even practicing back home or anywhere else is gr8!!! dnt wast ur life and money for nonsense...at least it is a nice plan to peruse...while u can try match if u wish!
question about Form L5 "certificate of clinical clerkship"
what is the minimum requirement? should this match the medical school transcript?
Thanks
eb: after all and before sending it out, try to call them to be sure...coz it is costy and lengthy..if u send incomplete package...thats going to cause more pain. gl
those requirements should be posted inside instruction. I do not remember them now( did my PTAL a year ago).

They have requirements only for specific rotations like
FM, Psych, Medicine etc (do not remember) it is should be on CMB web.

Yes, it should match your transcripts (your transcripts should have at least the same amount or more, not less).
yes sure i will call them
but before that I'm trying to information as much as i can before doing anything

i hope this litter will help with my residency
@nastia06: do you think PTAL help with residency?
It not just helps but is necessary if you are applying to programs in CA. This is the only state that when you apply via ERAS, you have to submit your PTAL as 4th LoR.

For other states, it is useless.
@nastia06

As you told that we can say That I was preparing for USMLEs after graduation. Did you mention these wordings while getting PTAL? Don't they raise any objection to it and called it as break in clinical; practice.

Pl clarify . thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »