Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
h-4 spouses - fimbria
u have to keep your fingers crossed for EAD from your hubby before u complete your H period.
or else change to J1 , i do not know ???.

I am in the same boat
daner90007,

i dont think so. I looked in to immi forums, they say I cannot apply for extension for H1. H4 you can apply for extension.

application for H1 asks for your previous statuses and time spent on those statuses.

application for H4 does not ask for that. so converting to H4 from H1 is easy.

man this is tough. this is very interesting and important for people who are in this situation. I am totally unaware of grave scenario that my spouse might not get a chance to apply for my EAD(due to retrogression) before my H1 expires as ate up my H4.

Most of the programs have one year contracts, so i guess we can start for now
How about someone who has completed almost 6 years on H-4 before starting residency? If he/ she converts to J-1 then what are the options? Is J waiver still possible after completing residency? Assuming he/she gets a waiver on which visa can he/ she work? Is it possible to get a J waiver and simultaneously apply for I-140 and 485 based upon spouse's GC application and get and EAD from there to do a waiver job?
You can apply for extension to H4 after 6 yos if your spouse still holds effective H1. But what's the point for H4, the visa means nothing except legally stay.

My suggestion: If you can't find job, go back to your country for 1 yo and come back with H4 again. Then a new 6 yos starts again.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »