Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
an urgent question about starting residency late? - ritrue
try to contact the US embassy, they might understand..what I know is that visa usualy ready in 3 weeks and for some people in takes few days. hope you will get it soon
yeah ..do all u can to get it done peacefully. dont look for regulation! and try to be nice and wise with the program ...u also can try to move to ur program to be available and show them u r there and have wht it takes. the program can do all if they want and like u and see u r a good candidate and can wait for u. it is all in their hands. gl
Which program
I thought it is a binding contract with the program if you are matched through NRMP, ie they cannot terminate the contract.
I am not sure about the case of prematch. Did you match or prematched?
You might want to ask the program if you could switch schedules to have vacation in the beginning to give you more time to settle visa issues.
The easy answer is it depends on pd. he or she may or may not drop you
newmember

yeah it is binding but the contract says that u will be available on first day of residency...if u are not they can dissolve the contract.

To the OP...I think u shd maintain regular communication with PD. Sometimes they empathize with you and they can wait. This decision is going to depend on the PD
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »