Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gynac q - she
alibi,

The embryo does not have to be in uterus for hcg to be +. It can be on someone's ear (i mean subcutaneously) and that someone will be positive for hcg. Hcg level is good indication for embryos wellbeing. Its level change is a great indication.

I am very positive about this one, as you know I rarely am very positive because it is hard to take it back.
at 1000 bhCG - US would not show any pregnancy (even IU). so u need to wait another 24 hours to recheck bhCG to see if it doubled (in case of IU preg) and if it did you do US (transvaginal!!!) and has to see IU preg, if you still don't see it then its EP and do laporoscopy. It bhCG didn't double n 4 hours - its EP so need to do laporoscopy.
Excellent Ericz, I keep learning form you. Thanks Smile
A point is missed here. I know that the fetus does not have to be in the uterus for Beta HCG to be positive. Even if it is on my ear, it will still be positive. The question is why re-measure the HCG level? HCG level is necessary to be re- measured only when there is an indication of a MOLAR PREGNANCY. Normally, Beta HCG is doubled after a certain time, when it fails to double , then molar pregnanacy will be suspected. Molar pregnancy is not the case here, it does not give any tenderness in the rt. lower quadrant. I still maintain that laparoscopic exam is the solution.
The major point is that if hcg drops, say.. 500 or lower, no need for laparoscopy which is pretty invasive.
why do you think it will drop?. what diagnosis do you have in mind?
I highely suspect ep. There are plenty of causes for pregnancy loss even if the embryos are inside the uterus. More eps perish early on than normal preg, I think.
There was no indication of any pregnancy loss. She was having normal vaginal spotting and not actual bleeding.
I need help to shut alibi up. He is trying to annoy me!
you can shut me up only if I am not telling the truth. Don't forget that I can speak with my eyes.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »